Mixmag

Tea&Biscuits

Hello I havent bought mix mag in absolute years but last weekend i was skint an desperatly wanted a new CD to listen to so i thought i would buy it - the free CD by Steve Angelo is a belter! Anyone else bought it?

Track 2 and 4 have got to be the sickest tunes on it!! I was listening to it on my way to work and was tapping me feet, nodding my head and grinding my teeth (without even realiseing!!!!)lol!!

It is MINT!

So anyway i got the taste for some new music and ended up buying Fabric Live 08 CD mixed by Plump DJs and there is a track on there that sums up the Isle of Man to me in one song.......

Hey Mr DJ - Screen 2 the Stab Mix, absolutely brilliant!! It just is the song for the IOM in that it was always playing when i went out clubbing and I just remember happy times when i hear it!!! I remember everyone screaming HEY MR DJ KEEP ON GROOVING.....!!!!

Happy Dayzz :rolleyes:

not at moment, but will post when i get home, i know that track 2 is by rekliener (dont know if spelt properly) but anyway will do that when get in or some time over weekend!

I have heard track 2 and 4 when i have been out and loved them, but not been able to explain them to people - as i think its quite minimalist??? I have heard lots of tunes recently that have that dark bass and kind of acidy build up, very simple but effective on the dancefloor!

PS: I havent a clue what im going on about! Im no DJ or anything so i dont know the propa words and that!

veerus & maxie "Devine Mussica"

Rekleiner "the state of things"

Wally Lopez "Strike me down"

Laidback Luke "Housetrap"

Steve Angello & Laidback Luke "Otherwize then"

Innersphere AkA Shinedoe "phunk"

Steve Angello "Teasing Mr Charlie" - Mint!!!

Buy Now "For sale" Felix da house cat remix

Steve Angello "Single"

Veerus & Maxie Devine "Megatonic"

Wicked CD louis! Hope you get it!

Hello I havent bought mix mag in absolute years but last weekend i was skint an desperatly wanted a new CD to listen to so i thought i would buy it - the free CD by Steve Angelo is a belter! Anyone else bought it?

Track 2 and 4 have got to be the sickest tunes on it!! I was listening to it on my way to work and was tapping me feet, nodding my head and grinding my teeth (without even realiseing!!!!)lol!!

It is MINT!

So anyway i got the taste for some new music and ended up buying Fabric Live 08 CD mixed by Plump DJs and there is a track on there that sums up the Isle of Man to me in one song.......

Hey Mr DJ - Screen 2 the Stab Mix, absolutely brilliant!! It just is the song for the IOM in that it was always playing when i went out clubbing and I just remember happy times when i hear it!!! I remember everyone screaming HEY MR DJ KEEP ON GROOVING.....!!!!

Happy Dayzz :rolleyes:

If you were skint, how did you pay for the magazine?

I stole it from WH Smiths........

Its amazing how easy it is to rip the free CD off mags.....just tricking before you call the Dibble to come and arrest me.....

mission i actually cant believe you asked that question!!!! Like a Mum going "well if you were skint how come you could afford to go out??"!! hahahahaha! Why did it bother you so much that you had to establish my claim of being skint!!!! Im crying with laughter!

Okay mission just to clear it up incase you cant sleep, I meant skint in the sense of i shouldnt be spending £14 on a CD (and should be spending that on my weekly food budget) but could afford £3.50 for a magazine type thing..........

Oh and also to clear this up, the Fabric Live CD was bought for £5 and lent the money off my man - is that okay now? Phew! glad thats sorted!

The best CD i got from Mixmag was "Bosh!" mixed by Eddie Halliwell. Fantastic CD! And one of the top in my whole collection. Strange that it came free.... !! But all the better for me!

(some few years ago mind..)

Archived