Jfk Returns This Week

Visionary

So come on then people, have we stuck to a winning formula giving people a night out they want or should we have gone with just locals, you tell us.

We are planning a best of local talent at Nightlife in the coming months as a follow up to JFK, does that interest anyone??

i'd be interested but only if i could play lol

Do you dj?

If so what do you play?, as we are trying to push new talent forward on the Island, as long as you can mix well and your music doesn't go straight over peoples heads then perhaps you might want to send a cd to us, or a link of one, Pippy and Hoff who are on the JFK bill are really talented guys, i mean really, and so after hearing them live a few times we are certain that they are big movers for the future of the Island, you could be the next ! :D

i do dj, play mainly electro but trow a bit of breaks and funky house in there for good measure.

where should i send a cd? i play on a tuesday n friday 7-10pm on www.clubiom.co.uk & www.mflive.com if u wanna listen to me live.

I currently don't have broadband so cannot really listen live, keeps stopping every few seconds, however if you want to contact me privately at vision@manx.net and we will go from there!

Pippy and Hoff sound very similar, like funky electro, quite diverse, and Derek McKenna will go out of electro into electro trance then full on decent euphoria, where JFK goes from there is anyones guess?

Will you be attending the gig? As judging by what you play there will be a few hours you will really enjoy !!

Electro of all sorts is really "now" and there will be elements of it in forthcoming events.

Dont forget peeps tickets are selling out but we are keeping some for on the door on the night for those of you who have said you have staff do's, and we are allowing in up to an hour later than scheduled. B)

Dont forget peeps tickets are selling out but we are keeping some for on the door on the night for those of you who have said you have staff do's, and we are allowing in up to an hour later than scheduled. B)

y wud ne1 disrespect people by sayin tickets are selling out, 'but we will save sum on the door for u'. surely u must know people r much more clued up than u give them credit for. i aint sayin ur nite won't be a success, i hope it will and sundissential too. people will choose themselves when, and where for, they will buy their tickets; when was the last time sumwhere over here sold out of tickets prior to the night? both nites will be awesome i'm sure, but unfortunately the attendance will fluctuate due to who in whos crowd has to do wat where, ie: spur of the moment stuff. bet u a pound to a pinch of shite that colours won't suffer, the f*ckers.

It isn't pulling the wool over peoples eyes, we advertised at the large banks etc and feedback has been that people will not gamble a tenner if they don't make it from staff do's, so some have been put aside, also there is a party in the restuarant and they are allowed free admission, but if it goes over their heads (highway board, one guy will dance while the rest watch) :) then when they leave that free's up another admission, so we don't want people thinking they will turn up without tickets and not get in, there will be a few and then more when the other guys leave, just don't leave it too late.

But thanks for your support, we are a local group trying to give something clubbers need, if we don't get near to filled out (i.e.) break even, then we knock it on the head and people go back to one or two good nights out a year, if it goes well we already have further plans, but the ticket sales are encouraging seeing as we are up against the mighty Sundissential.

And as for Colours....don't get me started :angry:

Glad that JFK is creating a buzz, he always used to for us and its about time a DJ of his stature returned to the Island, ok it is not in the grander scale of clubs, but, as amazing as the Venue was, especially Lashes and Halliwell, it never really had an atmosphere, and it was nothing to do with the DJ's or the promoters, just the layout of the club.

Legends has that compact vibe where it really will go off....... :w00t:

oh dear mr visionary shame you did,nt have the vision to see yesterdays events at the former duke of athol,s home or you could have booked the 10,000 man tent peels getting for next years t.t.!!! i think i know it better as the "cream goodgrief area!!! bin there, done that,worn the print of the t-shirt!! might need some extra security to get jason through the crowds to work his magic on those lucky people who managed to get tickets for the evening!!!

Arise Sir Damp spuds, if i were physic i would win the lottery and get the hell out of here, but no-one could have seen what was going to happen to the castle mona complex.

I am saddened by the loss, although it has been mentined we will benefit from Sunddisential not coming over, i have a friend or two in there and that is a terrible thing that has happened and am genuinly saddened by the loss of another club, Villa's, Venue, Breeze, who's next?? :(

All i can say on a positive note is that you want your broken heart fixed get yourselves down, Jason is a true Brit legend of trance and hard trance and who knows before the Island gets someone like him again?

We have got plans for future events but as the last few days have shown, you can take nothing for granted !

See you next Friday 22nd.

Just to let you nutters know despite a few teething problems its full steam ahead for Friday night...Vision present JFK.

Some dark forces were conspiring against us but we have sorted it out.

SEE YOU THERE, doors open from 9.00pm strictly no admission after 12.30pm, tickets available on the door.

I guess everyone will be heading down to Legends for the JFK gig - I will be there, taking pictures for the Club IoM Gallery - so if you see some ol'e geezer with a camera - 'Smile Please' you could be on Club IoM B)

With a little bit of luck, we should be able to get a recording of the night - if so - CD's will be available from the usual place..

Flyer..

busby2.jpg

Archived