Person On Swing Bridge

gill

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was protesting about not being allowed in to a pub on the quay, yet there was two known convicted pedophiles (sp?) sat in there – and there was families having dinners in there. I think he was just upset about that, reckon theres gonna be a new trend on the Isle of Man – just like Batman and Spiderman – the Fathers for Justice thingie. Pretty crazy!

A couple of months ago we were getting on the Seacat at Liverpool and there was a guy there standing on river side of the railings obviously contemplating jumping in. There were a couple of policemen talking to him and a boat with frogmen in the river just in case. At least Douglas Harbour is probably a bit cleaner than the Mersey.

The acts may seem futile, but the underlying message is a bit scary - people are being forced to go to extreme lengths to get their point made. This guy was a bit of a crank but the fathers and the fox hunters have good points. People have been protesting for years, all the media hype just encourages them to do more 'mentaler' things.

I just wanted to say that was my friends brother who was up there yesterday. We understand that it was a stupid thing to do but when you see dirty pedophiles sat in pubs it's not on and he has got a point! Just for the record he was very upset and frustrated and he has been asking the police and putting in for an application to be let back allowed in licenced premises, yeah he has made mistakes being a bit of a nucience in the past but everyone deserves a second change and he didn't know what else to do to get the police to listen to him! :(

Archived