Bad Guts After Mc D Burger

Roger Smelly

There has been a nasty tummy bug doing the rounds on the Island and it is likely the symptoms decribed at the beginning of the thread are due to said bug rather than anything amiss at a fast food outlet.

I wonder does anyone remember the infamous McLibel case which seriously backfired on a multinational company who took two activisits to court for supposed libel McLibel Case Im willing to be corrected, but I think this was the longest running libel case in British history.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its true that everyone laughed at mcdonalds for coming over here and especilly where they put it but hey presto it worked, probably best in UK they say.

It shows how wrong people can be ove here doesnt it.

The thing is right, no one over here bothered asking the under 5 what they thought at the time did they and they just love 'em and it shuts the munchkins up for a wee while and mcdonalds knew damn fine that they were on a winner. Then the children grow up with the tast and go back for more.

I go back too sometimes and I'll tell you what - the salad is the best there is on the island as far as I am concerned but I think that was already said when someon on here started talking about posh restaurants in a thread. but me, I prefer mcdonalds salad and that has nothing to do wioth the price

I like my Mcds I has to be said... I even made special effort to find the Douglas branch when I came over... ( that was espcially so as McDs did not even know they had one until I complained lol ) - Any way you can have you good Mcds and you bad ones.... even from the same place in my experince its just pot luck.

One thing I will say is that I was lucky enough to only have good ones from there and I think that was down to the fact they have to source local produce so I understand compaired to else where in the UK.

Terran

I like the occasional Mc D's as much as the next man. After watching "Supersize Me" I have made a conscious effort to keep it down to at the most once a month. The Douglas Mc D's I have to say is consistently bad. As the poster above says, you can have good and bad in different restaurants and even in the same place, but Douglas is either poor or terrible. Never had a good one yet from there.

Big tasty is the only thing worth eating from there. I used to like the McMuffins but I've gone off those now too.

It's terrible stuff, and yes, even though you know it's unhealthy food already, supersize me is worth watching.

agree with you there Cret - the Big Tasty is worryingly nice.... at the back of my mind I fear it's because whatever they put in the sauce is overpowering everything else!

I would pay for the recipe or maybe just a big tub of the stuff - home made burgers AND that sauce.... I can feel my veins clogging up already

I haven't found the Big Tasty Sauce online but I bet it's there somewhere.....

BIG MAC™ Special Sauce

Ingredients:

1/4 cup KRAFT Miracle Whip

1/4 cup mayonnaise

2 Tablespoons, heaping, WISHBONE deluxe French salad dressing (the orange stuff)

1/2 Tablespoon HEINZ sweet relish

2 teaspoons, heaping, VLASIC dill pickle relish (Heinz dill relish also works)

1 teaspoon sugar

1 teaspoon dried, minced onion

1 teaspoon white vinegar

1 teaspoon ketchup

1/8 teaspoon salt

Mix everything very well in a small container. There better be no streaks! Microwave 25 seconds, and stir well again. Cover, and refrigerate at LEAST 1 hour before using.( to allow all of the flavors to "meld". ) Makes nearly 1 cup...enough for about 8 Big Macs™

http://stuffucanuse.com/Macdonald%20recipies.htm

http://www.epicconstructions.com/mirror/mcd/index.htm

Well i know they are bad for you but once or twice a month isnt a crime.

I like Mc D's but if i had the choice it would be Burger King for me.

Look out for Subway, i reckon i will be hitting there now and then for a meat ball sub. :lol:

I remember when the Spit gate was going on over here, Mc D's suffered because of that.

Trouble with the burgers is if they are not cooked right you will get E coli.

http://www.mcspotlight.org

Thats worth a look

Archived