[BBC News]Isle of Man's ferries cancelled

Newsbot

a weather buoy in Morecambe bay showing wave height 20ft, it has gradually increased from 12 ft this morning, 16 ft early afternoon, but the wind chart looks like we are on the down-side now, lighter winds to the west of us.

waves

wind

the shelves will be a bit empty tomorrow, glad we stocked up the freezer ! ;)

Its defintily windy here..... my Wheely bins making its way across my lawn....

Terran

Still a few brave stupid sailors out there

a weather buoy in Morecambe bay showing wave height 20ft, it has gradually increased from 12 ft this morning, 16 ft early afternoon, but the wind chart looks like we are on the down-side now, lighter winds to the west of us.

waves

wind

the shelves will be a bit empty tomorrow, glad we stocked up the freezer ! ;)

Its defintily windy here..... my Wheely bins making its way across my lawn....

Terran

Still a few real sailors out there

*fixed*

I was bounced off the Euromanx flight at 5.20 from Liverpool yesterday. The girl behind the desk at Liverpool airport handed round fliers telling us to call the Euromanx 0870 number. It was absolutely impossible to get through to that number. I managed to get on a flight from Blackpool this morning.

Obviously there's nothing the airlines can do about the weather, but just giving people a number when there is no way of getting through to it does NOT, in my view, constitute the end of an airline's responsibilities. When I called Euromanx to (i) arrange for my refund and (ii) bollock them the girl actually had the nerve to get INDIGNANT with me and complain that they had been manning the phones until NINE O'CLOCK on Sunday night! As though a couple of extra hours on the switchboard was ANYTHING compared to the bedlam and chaos that their PAYING CUSTOMERS had to endure.

Every time that Seymour bloke publicly calls for "flag carrier" status I shall write in to the Transport Minister with my objections.

I was bounced off the Euromanx flight at 5.20 from Liverpool yesterday. The girl behind the desk at Liverpool airport handed round fliers telling us to call the Euromanx 0870 number. It was absolutely impossible to get through to that number. I managed to get on a flight from Blackpool this morning.

Obviously there's nothing the airlines can do about the weather, but just giving people a number when there is no way of getting through to it does NOT, in my view, constitute the end of an airline's responsibilities. When I called Euromanx to (i) arrange for my refund and (ii) bollock them the girl actually had the nerve to get INDIGNANT with me and complain that they had been manning the phones until NINE O'CLOCK on Sunday night! As though a couple of extra hours on the switchboard was ANYTHING compared to the bedlam and chaos that their PAYING CUSTOMERS had to endure.

Every time that Seymour bloke publicly calls for "flag carrier" status I shall write in to the Transport Minister with my objections.

It's happened to me before, both flying and sailing. Really s**t customer service!

Why do they insist on getting your telephone number when you book if not to inform you of major problems like this in advance? I can only assume it is to pass on to their marketing departments...or maybe to phone you up afterwards, and advise you that you have been involved in a crash or that your ship sank!!!

Blamestorming is the name of the game in these companies and 'it's never our fault'. You get made to feel guilty complaining: 'I'm just a clerk'. Whenever someone says 'sorry for the inconvenience' I always reply 'please don't say something you don't mean' - meanwhile the managers responsible for these policies sit isolated away from complaints in the back office (or at home on a Sunday)...or worse still you get some smiling spin merchant laughing off colliding into a mud bank. Makes me seethe! The instance anyone is allowed to compete with the Steam Racket IMO they would be out of business overnight.

i was meant to be on the 2.30 BA from Mcr yesterday, they put us in the Raddison with evening meal & breakfast, very nice it was too. Spoke to a few other manxies in there too. Flew back on the 8.45 this morning.

Had a mate in Newcastle who got similar treatment of Eastern.

Then spoke to a few mates who'd been to the footy and booked on Euromanx, no accomadation given by them. Seems like a very un costomer friendly policy from the nations self styled airline

Had the same problem coming back from Liverpool last night...and I am STILL in Liverpool as they couldnt get us back until Tuesday morning.

As there is no competition for Liverpool its clear that Euromanx do not give a shit. Also the staff there were just Flight Support ground staff and therefore no-one from the Company was available. Fortunately the in-laws are close but I feel sorry for anyone left stranded...especially those arriving late from the match oblivious to it all. Also whats the point in in filling in the personal details forms if no-one can be bothered to call you!!!!

I did wonder if Euromanx had a technical issue yesterday and rather conveniently were able to blame it all on the weather. Prior to the period when the likes of BA, Manx 2 et al were cancelling flights they already had delays in their schedule. In fact on Saturday I think they also had a cancellation and some delays when the other airlines operated pretty much on time.

BA and Manx 2 only cancelled a few flights and once the worst of the weather had passed through they operated further flights into the evening.

I can’t wait for Flybe to complete it’s purchase of BA Connect.

Archived