Well Done Mf

patiom

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forum sites are not protected as well as they think they are if the identity of the person that makes the alegation can be proved, the admin can be requested by the courts to provide the identity of the poster and if not provided action can then be taken against the forum.

Forum sites get threatened all the time with this stuff, and it rarely comes to anything but an exchange of lawyers letters. Don't forget theres a lot of complications that goes in the way of identifying posters, the physical location of the data and the laws that governs that, the lack of identifying information held by the forum, the inability of an IP address to identify an individual.

A good example of this is the post I'm replying to. I'm pretty sure that both patiom and theskeet will be posting on the same IP address, perhaps even the same PC. Are they the same person or a man and wife both using Manx Forums? Forensics on the pc making the post may help reveal that information, but none of that is the responsibility of the forum owner.

It's like suing manx telecom for someone making abusive phone calls. MT would have a duty to try and do everything they can to assist in the complaint, but they're not breaking the law, the person who made the call is.

It could be a good spoof.

As a general rule I'm always suspicious of big companies that hide behind lawyers and have that US Corporate "We'll sue your ass into the ground" attitude. Just because you stamp down on people who say your product is rubbish or whatever does not stop your product being rubbish, it just frightens people off saying its rubbish and makes you look frightened and/or stupid in the process.

Well I've now been into work again today after a few days off and I can honestly tell you theres nothing in any of the rumours of legal action being taken

Well Im really surprised. You mean to tell me McRushToCourt's corporate lawyers have stopped confiding in front line burger friers ?

Actually were a franchise, so their lawyers wouldnt have anything to do with it

and im sorry, thank you for reminding me of my place in society

I'll just sit here rubbing my "social anathema" tatoo then, i often forget its plastered across my forehead

Try not to forget it in future. Youd do much better to concentrate on perfecting your burger frying technique.

The last time I ate a burger someone ended up posting a defamatory thread on an internet forum.

Well I've now been into work again today after a few days off and I can honestly tell you theres nothing in any of the rumours of legal action being taken

Well you shouldn't be divulging what goes on at your place of work Mr D! that includes mouthing off on here if there IS or ISNT anything going on. You have effectively broken your employers confidence – if I were your boss, I’d sack you on the spot.

Good job you weren’t elected.

Archived