Mf Night Out - 3rd Birthday Bash

Mission

How about a Manx Forums Picnic or something like that? with crafty types of workshop tings for childers :) g'morning everyone.

Yeah a picnic, right next to the Karting track at Jurby or next to the skateboard park in Ramsey, where we can all have a go at skate boarding or grassboarding down the hill.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about a Manx Forums Picnic or something like that? with crafty types of workshop tings for childers :) g'morning everyone.

Yeah a picnic, right next to the Karting track at Jurby or next to the skateboard park in Ramsey, where we can all have a go at skate boarding or grassboarding down the hill.

That particular spot in Ramsey has the added advantage of the rugby club for lots of beer, space for footy and some where to send the kids! And a spangly new water play feature thing just down the road! Genius.

I turned up on Saturday for a bit while passing through, I think I must've left as it really got going but it was nice to meet some new people! And some not so new people who I had no idea had a forum persona (or more). Well done Mish, I'm glad I escaped before the camera came out though!

skate boarding
oooooh yes! maybe someone could teach me to skate, I have a skate board (played Tony Hawkes and wanted to be a skater......) I went to the skate park once or twice but there were too many people I knew milling around, you know, my daughters friends, my friends children - those types, anyway I gave up and cannot skate but still fancy a go.

A Manx Forums Summer Fete, niiiiiice Slinky. Oh I love fetes almost like a mini festi.

How about Tynwald day? in the afternoon ofc, after the ceremony, I doubt I will be going to the Haddacks fancy hat party.

I think there were a few people not involved in the forum who just happened to be there and happy to be amongst the atmosphere. Its not every place you go where total strangers keep going up and saying "who are you then" in friendly anticipation.

Forum folk are good folk I would say.

I think I was probably the only mf user who went to the party by accident.

I had gone to someones birthday party and had been there for half a hour before being told it was also the mf bash.

Very freindly bunch though

• 2 weeks later...

First time back on here for me since the do! What a pleasant evening, my ears have only just stopped ringing, it was either the music or thebees talking, I'm not sure which. Great to meet everyone, steven ! manx maid, lonan3, mission (even though he had a squeaky voice later on) well done mission, worth all the anguish in the end.

Lovely to meet Gladys, how many lagers did you have? lots and lots I suspect, charming? I probably haven't been called that since I've been out of nappies. I've learnt a valuable lesson, not to match halves of fosters with pints of guiness because you wake up fuzzyheaded the next morning, on the sofa.

Its time to start barracking mission to arrange the next one, along the lines of the previous suggestions. Especially as we're going to have a red hot summer. I suggest everyone reading this sends mission a pm this week, and then every week until he gives in and arranges something. Sorry dude, you've set a precedent now. Mission the official mf organiser. :D:D:D

• 6 years later...

Huuuuuuhh, the birthday party smile.png You know, like what you were talking about in our special subs forum, the party, for MF being 10 in March. I have messaged Roxanne (it will probably take her til March to figure out what on earth I'm on about) and had intended to speak to the bother of GOHM (who is now called something else) tonight but it was too rainy so I've stayed in - I will see him though. I dug this thread up because it holds special memories (totally gay - sorry) smile.png

A nice night of poems & quiet music with cakes and beer (and Kale). If we go somewhere hip maybe people could bring their guitars or drums or whatever.

I guess the cat is out of the bag now Declan. :)

2008 was the last one Rox, the eve of the smoking ban.

Where did all those years go eh?

Anyhoo, bees and I bounced some ideas around yesterday and she said she would speak to you about a few things. We have an idea or two venue wise now and a few other thoughts on the matter.

Lol, secret party. The mf secret party where people who don't know each other go somewhere unknown. I did that yesterday, I went to grove mount west and the sloaping road, didn't meet anyone though.

Didn't you want to ask for suggestions? :)

Archived