Mf Night Out - 3rd Birthday Bash

Mission

Well put it this way, what we have planned and where we are holding it should tie in with your plans pretty well I think. It'll certainly start before 9:30 and I bet you won't get a better night anywhere else in douglas that night.

Full details will follow as soon as I get confirmation of the times the venue is open from/to on the night.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right people, I've had the final details confirmed so here goes (deep breath!)...

Firstly, a very BIG thankyou to a certain forum member who made this possible. He's known on here as grant and it's thanks to him that we got this venue. Believe me, it was a right royal pain in the backside trying to tie somewhere down and we ended up losing the 24th by only a few hours due to someone else nipping in before us with the booking so, hence the 31st.

The night will be at Amber, located underneath the Chesterhouse hotel on Loch Promenade in Douglas (it's actually what they call Amber 2 - there are two rooms there and ours is the one with the DJ booth in it).

We'll be kicking off the night at 7pm and will run through till midnight with music from 5 (yes 5) DJ's who all are forum members:-

Mo Beats

Vixen

K.os Theory (AKA DJK)

monkey_magic (AKA Justin Ringham)

Ray Marshall

The room in question has a capacity of approximatly 100 people and it is free for Manxforums to use, thanks to Grant. All we ask is that everyone that attends donates £1 as a tip to the staff. There is a bar and providing there are at least 40 people, this will be staffed throughout the night (note, early on, if it is quiet, the bar may not be staffed but it is literally 6 yards to the main Amber bar via a door so you can get a drink in there). I'd say, if you want to bring a friend then do as this is the easiest way to get the bar in our room open early, but either way, it's no hardship. :)

The music may not be to everyone's taste but, we'll do our best to put on a good night for all and at the very least, if you're planning a night out anyway, pop in at some point for a drink or two and say hello. I know that Unisol will be there for sure (Tearz too hopefully, not managed to speak to him tonight about it) so at the very least you can say hello to them and congratulate them on 3 years of MF. :)

We'll be thrashing out the finer details of the DJ sets over the next few days and I'll post back once that's done but for now at least, you know when and where this is taking place.

EDIT: Oh and we might have a little something planned for Ramsey on Friday 30th too - just waiting to hear back on that...

Thanks guys and girls - be good to see you all, even if it is only for part of the night.

We've decided to not regulate the night to 5 x 1 hour sets so here's the plan.

The first two hours will be a free for all music wise, you'll get a bit of everything but on the lighter side to try and accomodate as many as possible musically, they'll be a bit of old skool stuff thrown in too no doubt. The next two hours will be 4 x 30 minute sets (specific genre's) and the final hour will be harder and dirtier from Mr. Marshall.

Expect funky, electro and progressive house, breaks, psy-trance and maybe even a slither of hardhouse and acid house towards the end.

I'll knock a poll only thread up to see just how much interest there is (we need a rough idea on numbers tbh) so please do vote on that if you intend to come (or not).

As the night ends at 12:30 ish, we'll probably move on elsewhere to continue the partying - either that or some poor soul is going to end up throwing a house party (mwahahaha).

post-960-1173656872_thumb.jpg

Aw, Mission! I will be off the island from 30th March.. I was looking foward to the birthday bash so much ...

The music sets sound brill, hope you all have a great time, and hope to meet yer all some other time ..

Archived