Xmas Drink Driving Blitz

Theskeat

The Christmas Drink Driving Blitz started this week and one motorist has allready been caught and charged, Looks like the Police are out to make an impresion this year. The first to be caught and charged is a Ramsey based traffic Cop, he will appear before Mr Moyle on December 12 charged with drink drivingfollowing a one car accident.

The Christmas Drink Driving Blitz started this week and one motorist has allready been caught and charged, Looks like the Police are out to make an impresion this year. The first to be caught and charged is a Ramsey based traffic Cop, he will appear before Mr Moyle on December 12 charged with drink drivingfollowing a one car accident.

Brilliant - let the plod root out the bad eggs in their own little club, how many will be left?

The Christmas Drink Driving Blitz started this week

The first to be caught and charged is a Ramsey based traffic Cop, he will appear before Mr Moyle on December 12 charged with drink drivingfollowing a one car accident.

That was pure class - of all the people who knew the purge was starting!

Bet he was well chuffed at being the first.

The Christmas Drink Driving Blitz started this week and one motorist has allready been caught and charged, Looks like the Police are out to make an impresion this year.

You have to wonder though... if they were that bothered about 'drink driving', they'd do this sorta thing all year round... not just at christmas.

The first to be caught and charged is a Ramsey based traffic Cop, he will appear before Mr Moyle on December 12 charged with drink drivingfollowing a one car accident.

:rolleyes: well...why does that not suprise me?

some of the ppl they recruit to this constabulary are idiots.

The Christmas Drink Driving Blitz started this week and one motorist has allready been caught and charged, Looks like the Police are out to make an impresion this year.

You have to wonder though... if they were that bothered about 'drink driving', they'd do this sorta thing all year round... not just at christmas.

:rolleyes: well...why does that not suprise me?

some of the ppl they recruit to this constabulary are idiots.

I have to agree with you Dan. All this rubbish about "road safety" and trying to impose an all Island speed limit ignores the fact that they do little about DD until this time of year. Its easy policing - more people are likely to be pi**ed at Xmas so its not that hard to find a few.

They should be clamping down throughout the year as its more likely to cause an accident than anything else, even speed.

twill be good if a member of the judiciary also manges to get stopped...

I was going to make an informed but cryptic reply to this but deleted it as I thought it might be libellous if anyone could identify the person I had in mind.

Well if a member of the judiciary has ever had a quite serious road incident where drink was involved the person would not be in a position to judge other people for drink driving would he. In fact I very much doubt if such a person could have ever been suitable to be considered as a member of the judiciary. Unless the establishment is/was desperate. Which it wasn't. Is it.

twill be good if a member of the judiciary also manges to get stopped...

I was going to make an informed but cryptic reply to this but deleted it as I thought it might be libellous if anyone could identify the person I had in mind.

Well if a member of the judiciary has ever had a quite serious road incident where drink was involved the person would not be in a position to judge other people for drink driving would he. In fact I very much doubt if such a person could have ever been suitable to be considered as a member of the judiciary. Unless the establishment is/was desperate. Which it wasn't. Is it.

The trouble with this sort of thread is that it runs a very high risk of being judged defamatory .. truthful or not.

Yes Ive just edited this again.

Well, we all know that certain members of some judiciaries are well documented as being seen leaving a certain public house after a few and driving back to their (or might be someone else's) residence on more than one occassion. Of course, I could not possibly say who, where or when, as the slander police are patrolling.

Well, we all know that certain members of some judiciaries are well documented as being seen leaving a certain public house after a few and driving back to their (or might be someone else's) residence on more than one occassion. Of course, I could not possibly say who, where or when, as the slander police are patrolling.

Not sure who or where you're referring to really. I'd name them if I could and would. Burn those that break these laws say I! Anyways I think it's time for my bed as I need to get up early to listen to the Radio 1 breakfast show.

Archived