For Sale: Modded Xbox With Linux Installed.

integer

For Sale: Modded Xbox

I modded this a very long time ago, so some of this info is a bit sketchy....

Fitted with:

A third party dashboard (can't recall which) to allow dualboot into Linux and various other options...

Linux installed - Gentoox if my memory serves me correctly.

Mod chip to allow use of PAL and NTSC format discs....

2 usb inputs. 1 is built into the console, the other is tapped into a controller plug.

3 sets of neons 1 of which is static, the other 2 strobe to preset patterns.

As I said, this was done a long time ago and I hadn't even turned the thing on for over a year until the other night. Its all in good working order, the only problem is the small plastic disk (which is now transparent) on the top cover is dislodged. This is only cosmetic. Item sold as is.

I've stuck some pics of it up at www.manxjam.com/xbox_pics

I'm not after a lot for it, I just want it out the way. PM with any offers, the highest wins :)

Sorry, just remembered - there is only one usb input. The usb on the controller is a plug not a socket, this allows you to use the XBOX controller with your pc.

Regarding the price - I will let it go to the highest offer, no matter how much it is :)

Xbox (with games) will now be given free to the first person who can show me a new receipt for a donation of at least £30 to the RNLI.

Please bear in mind this console isn't really suitable for small kids. It has extra switches and menu options that will be irresistible to tiny fingers and could leave you with a very poorly xbox in a few seconds. It also has an operating system that could be used to surf the web unsupervised.

Xbox (with games) will now be given free to the first person who can show me a new receipt for a donation of at least £30 to the RNLI.

Please bear in mind this console isn't really suitable for small kids. It has extra switches and menu options that will be irresistible to tiny fingers and could leave you with a very poorly xbox in a few seconds. It also has an operating system that could be used to surf the web unsupervised.

I will donate that £30 tomorrow, or can I PayPal you now?

Archived