Speaker Or Chief Minister

iom_cb

Can someone clarify for me.......can Tony Brown be speaker and chief minister (is he stands) or will he have to ditch the role of speaker.

Also will it be him that presides over the vote if he does stand?

I believe he will have to step down as speaker, if he becomes CM.

I should bloody well think he would step down! I know he thinks he's good, but he's not that good that he can do two v important jobs!!!

Actually I think he is demeaning the role of Speaker by standing for CM and visa versa. If he was truly committed to being CM then he should have put his name in the hat the first time, not waited till all the horse-trading had been done. and if he was truly committed to being Speaker he wouldn't stand for CM now he's been elected to the Chair. No respect for him I'm afraid.

Actually I think he is demeaning the role of Speaker by standing for CM and visa versa. If he was truly committed to being CM then he should have put his name in the hat the first time, not waited till all the horse-trading had been done. and if he was truly committed to being Speaker he wouldn't stand for CM now he's been elected to the Chair. No respect for him I'm afraid.

It's only speculation. He hasn't put his name into the arena yet as far as I'm aware. Find out by 5pm though.

Its a shame I would like to see someone who is both a speaker and chief minister. A completely mute CM would be of no value at all in my book.

:lol:

Nice One, but it might well serve the interest of the Island better if all the current MHKs were struck dumb for the next 5 years.

Archived