What A Tree..

Amadeus

Am I the only one who thinks that this thing is slightly too big, and slightly in the wrong place?

post-1086-1165437984_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a great idea - bang a huge x-mas tree in the middle of the main shopping street, so no-one can get around, and hence escape the ever-present onslaught of christmas lights, music, and general commercial terror - bah, christmas..totally overrated..Ho Ho Humbug...

/grumpy mode

Fair enough I see your point about it being "too big", although all the Corpy trees seem to be on the "bushy" side this year (something they probably have no control over). However stating it's in the "middle" of the main shopping street? It's outside Sam Webbs. That's the far end of the main shopping street surely? :P

*waits for Marley to visit Amadeus*

• 2 weeks later...

My most humble apologies for resurrecting this, but I couldn't help noticing:

This - in itself rather poor example - of what I'm guessing is supposed to be a christmas tree, has been errected in Onchan:

tree01bq0.jpg

and just to make sure that any passing idiot doesn't do anything idiotic, they have added

not one...

not two...

but three bloody warning signs:

tree02ns2.jpg

Wow! These lights run with electricity? I'd never guessed..

Merry Nanny Christmas <_<

Am I the only one who thinks that this thing is slightly too big, and slightly in the wrong place?

post-1086-1165437984_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a great idea - bang a huge x-mas tree in the middle of the main shopping street, so no-one can get around, and hence escape the ever-present onslaught of christmas lights, music, and general commercial terror - bah, christmas..totally overrated..Ho Ho Humbug...

/grumpy mode

Think I'd be a bit worried about catching my baubles on that tree if I had to squeeze past.

Archived