Income Protection Policies

jurby and behond!

What are peoples opinions on Income Protection Policies. I have had one for 6 years and have been trying to have an exclusion due to a medical condition removed without sucess until now. Having had this exclusion now removed, the insurers are now refusing to cover me over another matter which my doctor says I don't need any treatment for.I was asked to put down on a reassesment form if I had visited my G P for any reason this year of which I did.

They tell me the outcome is, keep the policy but my original condition still excluded from cover or take out another policy with my new exclusions but with my original exclusion taken out. Are they trying to con me?

I hope I have not made this to difficult to understand but hay! it's an insurance policy. I pay what to me is a fair bit of money each month for this policy and felt I needed it because I am Self Employed I now wonder if it is worth keeping. Comments please

Shop around dude.

You will always find another company willing to do a better deal. Most insurance compnaies rely on the fact that the overwhelming majority of customers do not change their insurance companies right throughout their lifes. It's like they have some moral connection to these companies.

However, with the advent of t'internet, quotes and conditions are much easier to compare which is leading to companies trying to out do each other. I dare say you would even find someone eilling to insure you even without a comprehensive medical history.

Like all insurances, they only seem worth it when you need to make a claim........

Having had this exclusion now removed, the insurers are now refusing to cover me over another matter which my doctor says I don't need any treatment for.

They are obviously looking at this as a potential future claim, whether your GP says it need's treating now or not. Normally they can't refuse cover for a condition that arises after you commenced cover, therefore I'd fight it out and refuse to move to a new policy (which will exclude all previous medical conditions).

Archived