"it's A Stiff One" - Said The Bishop To The Actress

mona

I was listening to the radio this morning and there was an article about registering to vote. Apparently it is compulsory to register (although not compulsory to actually vote).

The chap explaining it all told the presenter there was fine for not registering and "it's a stiff one" (£1000)

Then I thought what if EVERYBODY'S vote was automatically an unmarked ballot paper, ie a spoilt paper. Unless they went in to amend it according to their choice they would be down as a "spoilt paper".

Of course the MHKs wouldn't go for this little ruse but there again why not? We would then have another gimmick like my two kiddies voting next time round. I look at the youngest and it frightens me to think that during the next 5 years he should be equipped with enough life to know how to vote. To that I say "There's No F in Whey"

it is relative to perceived seriousness I suppose. May even depend on the eye of the beholder/imposer.

Not filling in a form on the one hand and telling some one that your client is going to the police if agreement isn't reached on the other

Archived