Newly Chipped Xbox. What Next?

I am after some advice. I have just chipped my xbox with xecuter 2.6. The BIOS it came with was the legal cromwell one and I have just flashed it with the latest xecuter 2 bios. I am not sure on where I have to go now as when I start the xbox I get the MS splash screen with a little xecuter logo underneath.

What next? I think I have to replace the default dashboard but how is this done? Ultimately, I want to replace the hard disk with a bigger one and also stream movies from the pc to the television via the xbox.

Thanks

This should help. It can be a bit of an ordeal getting hold of the third party dashboard software though, normally needs to be downloaded via irc (or at least it did when I did mine a long time ago). Check out the big xbox modding sites, theres normally a few clues on how to get hold of a third party dashboard, along with tutes on pretty much everything you can do to a console.

Not sure to be honest Slim. I originally had XBMP then was told I should upgrade it to XBMC so I did but because I've always got so many things on the go I've not really kept up with what upgrades & stuff there have been.

I take it from that that newer versions are much more whizz bang than the earlier stuff then?

Cheers Slim. Couldn't get it to work with simple file sharing enabled in XP so re-did all the shares, created a user on the pc called xbox and I can now piss my missus off by watching Star Trek and James Bond Movies whenever I want on the big telly ;)

Thanks.

Archived