Club Life

scouse.chick85

Is there any proper good club life on the island with trance music? etc? whats the atomoshere like? Where abouts are they? Is there anything else to do on this island i've been here since the end of January and havn't found buger all to do so don't get to meet new ppl etc anything fun that means lol :P

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any proper good club life on the island with trance music? etc?

erm... generally not.

I suppose you could throw "Breeze" in there.. but despite 'trance' being the most 'in-demand' genre within dance music, the island seems to have skipped past it onto 'funky house'. I feel your disappointment, but there is little you can actually do about it!

Breeze is an okay-ish 'club' which does a weekly "full-on friday" which (at least used to) play(s) trance. I'm sure you've heard of it.... but if you have, i'm sure you're also just wishing there was something more (?). That's about it though i'm afraid.

Personally, i've always stood by trance. It's what I deejay. I've always imagined clubbing on the grander scale, but been forced to settle with what we got. From a personal view, it seems that clubbing has become a lot quieter here over the years (which is not suprising...) but if you can find something to enjoy, then i'm happy for ya. Best Wishes with your searching!!!

I always 'dreamed' of going into djing, producing and eventually owning a club.... but well... then I got married. (what can I say... priorities!!!) Sorry I cannot be there to promote the trance scene personally.

Is there any proper good club life on the island with trance music? etc? whats the atomoshere like? Where abouts are they? Is there anything else to do on this island i've been here since the end of January and havn't found buger all to do so don't get to meet new ppl etc anything fun that means lol :P

If its trance your into get down to our JFK night on 22nd December at legends, its 9-3am and at least 2 1/2 of it will be trance, the resident will lay down some really upfront trance followed by current Gatecrasher classics resident JFK, you will probably find more trance in that night than most others in the Island combined.

also Breeze can do a good trance set, and for the last hour and a half Vision and Nightlife resident Derek McKenna plays really good stuff 1.30-3.00am every other week at nightlife, tune in this Saturday 16th December on Energy FM for the last hour or two and i think you will enjoy it!!!!

i can get him to sent you some cd's if you like?, or attend the JFK night where he will be giving some away free !!

He, like dj Dan, is one of very few still pushing that sound over here, most people have joined the "funky club" or gone hard house.

Is the Nightlife gig being streamed live on Energy then?

I only ask because I'm in Douglas that night and won't be back until late so can't make the gig itself but could hopefully catch the last hour or so on the radio/online.

I only ask because I'm in Douglas that night and won't be back until late so can't make the gig itself but could hopefully catch the last hour or so on the radio/online.

It is, not sure how long, if right up until 3.00am or not, but i know it will be on from early doors.

I haven't :) and I know a fair few others who play their own style which doesnt accom 'funky' house or hard house... its all about supporting whats actually out there... if people did then they would experience a whole load of different music!

Don't get me wrong, i'm not knocking those who do there own thing but all the "clubs" over here have severely limited what people hear, wherever you go the standard nights all play very similar stuff, 80's house rip offs etc, and its a shame, there is so much music out there.

But, that as long as you have a passion for any of it is fair enough, i did'nt mean to brand everyone with the same brush :D

yeah the clubbing(going out) scene is in a terrible state over here; seems we have to rely on a few local promoters to provide nites in whatever venue they can convince to take a chance on somehting different. can't rely on the clubs to do it themselves as noone really has a clue, or is willing to take a chance on some1/thing different, or that clashes with their busy!! nite!! its a shame the nites aint supported better! some of these guys don't even break even, when they have worked for months on a nite, because of the lack of support. the talents there, so y not support it.

just heard the MUTHA of all news/rumour; HED KANDI are to play 2 dates over here next year; the first being easter 2007! wanted to put this in a separate thread but 1st post an all that. any1 else heard anythin similar, or indeed any thoughts on this?

It is, not sure how long, if right up until 3.00am or not, but i know it will be on from early doors.

Due to a technical aspect we won't be live that night on the station but i'll be there.

Sorry if this is a pain, you'll have to get down instead!

In future, if they let us back...... I'm sure we'll be able to do some live stuff.

We have a lot of new gadgets, for broadcasting from the moon if we had to. The people to monitor & engineer the output are a bit few and far between coming up to christmas, me being the main one. I can't be at both ends of the link!!!

yeah but the reason they are crap is because they have the same kind of music all the time and nothing new no wonder they dont get as much business as they would prefer as i've spoken to a few people over here now and most of them go over to liverpool just for a good night out if they changed and put other types of music eg more dance music trance euphoria music etc people can really dance too instead of just putting karokie in all the pubs and stuff dont you's get bored of it? and if they did start to put music like that up am sure a hell of alot of people would support them more even if they just do something different one or two nights a week that would make a difference dont you think????

Seriously, punctuation can occasionally be your friend. And most of the clubs do have something other than cheese every so often and they seem to be fairly well supported, funktonic etc. The reason you get cheese on nights out over here is because it's what the majority seem to want, i've seen countless times in the IoM when a DJ has put a decent trance track on and people actively walk off the dance floor.

Happens in most areas with a small audience though, our SU is the same in the ballroom it's cheese and the cooler room generally plays indie/rock/dance/RnB the cooler room can never get a decent number of people on the dance floor because of the hybrid of music it plays (I'm happy to stay for the indie/rock/dance but the minute i hear Akon or something i leave).

The IoM night scene is too small to have a club that plays a specific genre in music (the only one I can see it being near feasible with is a rock club) because you won't attract the punter that doesn't have any particular preference of music, they'd prefer to have a chance of hearing something they recognise and want to dance too than listening to a blinding set by a local dj.

Oooh Kitty mate, will you help me with me zimmer frame chick? I'm quite looking forward to going to that, I've no idea what I'll wear, dont even know if any of my friends can get passes out from the Retirement homes for the night yet, but, I'm sooo going to have fun.

Archived