When Is A Newbie Not A Newbie?

copycat

Ah I see, and it says:-

Another, more malicious use of bots is the coordination and operation of an automated attack on networked computers, such as a denial-of-service attack. (see botnet) Internet bots can also be used to commit click fraud and more recently have seen usage around MMORPG games as computer game bots. A spambot is an internet bot that attempts to spam large amounts of content on the Internet, usually adding advertising links.

So is this some sort of insidious colonial way of getting what seems to be the BBC line on IOM stories put before us?

Ah I see, and it says:-

Another, more malicious use of bots is the coordination and operation of an automated attack on networked computers, such as a denial-of-service attack. (see botnet) Internet bots can also be used to commit click fraud and more recently have seen usage around MMORPG games as computer game bots. A spambot is an internet bot that attempts to spam large amounts of content on the Internet, usually adding advertising links.

So is this some sort of insidious colonial way of getting what seems to be the BBC line on IOM stories put before us?

i gather you dont have the capability of ignoring a bot then lol

as you seem genuine

newsbot is like an automated thing set up by the forum to filter manx news to the site for discussion

your newbie rating will go after you have posted something like 50/100 times

Archived