Iom Newspapers Employ Writer Shock....

Dave the Cardboard Box

"Quirks of Life" in the last issue of the Examiner was written by someone called Liz Corlett.

I don't know what others thought, but her interesting ramble seemed very well written, imaginative and witty. What is going on?

I have no idea who she is, but I thought it was excellent. Anyone else spot this little gem?

She used to lurk in these parts if she still does I'm sure she'll be pleased to learn what the word on the street is.

"Quirks of Life" in the last issue of the Examiner was written by someone called Liz Corlett.

I don't know what others thought, but her interesting ramble seemed very well written, imaginative and witty. What is going on?

I have no idea who she is, but I thought it was excellent. Anyone else spot this little gem?

Can she type press releases as well?

If she can't she it totally wasted where she is as she's had one chance at doing something different. Somebody will now have noticed she has talent and she won't get the chance again. She just might say something interesting or go off script.

Thanks for the link, confirms what I thought - my original has gone to Recycling Heaven.

At least half a dozen original turns of phrase - however, she seems to have disappeared this week.

Did the fame get too much for her?

She used to lurk in these parts if she still does I'm sure she'll be pleased to learn what the word on the street is.

Any clues as to who she is on here, so see if her posts have similar promise?

Dave The Card... :lol:

What happened to the board Box bit?

Everything has changed. There seem to be new bits everywhere. I think there must have been an upgrade, and to get it all in they had to sacrifice my Box.

They will realise soon that they cannot change reality at a whim, and all will return to normality.

that's one of the things in the upgrade, it crops long user names

there's a lot of little differences coming to light (also on another forum I use) just to confuse us ;)

like hover on the username and a drop-down menu for options etc.

At least half a dozen original turns of phrase - however, she seems to have disappeared this week.

Did the fame get too much for her?

Any clues as to who she is on here, so see if her posts have similar promise?

Hello there Mr Box - I know her. That's not the first column she's done for the paper; she's doing it on a rota with three or four other journos since the eponymous Quirk left the fold. She also writes bits and pieces for Manx Tails and stuff but she actually works as an editor/copywriter....

:)

Archived