Peel Bay Festival

slinkydevil

Just as a matter of interest, are the organisers builders or event organisers?

Well, I don't think that they are builders, primarily. The guy behind SH is quite a shrewd cookie and probably best classed as an entrepreneur.

The first showing was a bit disappointing after the hype, but let's just wait and see. After all, have you seen anything else to tempt you during TT?

The first showing was a bit disappointing after the hype, but let's just wait and see. After all, have you seen anything else to tempt you during TT?

It might be a rumour Gladys and I stand willing to be corrected, but I heard the intention is to organise a series of motorbike races on closed public roads. That should be worth seeing. ;)

It might be a rumour Gladys and I stand willing to be corrected, but I heard the intention is to organise a series of motorbike races on closed public roads.

Are you the guy who broke into Carol Glover's car and walked off with the secret folder marked "ideas".

a peel viking told me, about 20 minutes ago:

"oh person who is seen to be doing great things for the kingdom of mann will be granted his wish of mass planning permission approvals from thy gods of planning"

That'll be the same Mr Irving who openly criticises planning in the papers (despite constantly altering his plans and doing works without the benefit of prior planning approval). Imho he has a rather over-inflated opinion of himself and seems to think he’s the saviour of Peel, rather than a property developer. I’ve nothing against people making money from property development but they shouldn’t try to dress it up as if they’re philanthropists.

The DTL have not produced any evidence that they are involved or interested with producing a real Centenary event as yet. I suspect that they do not have the greatness or foresight to organise or handle an event with so much meaning and global significance: There is a risk that we could seriously let down the rest of the world with the 2007 TT!

There seeems to be a lack of dynamism, originality and inspiration in the Chief Executive level of the DTL and possibly the ministerial level too.

Archived