[BBC News] Heating oil siphoned from house

Newsbot

Maybe people are stealing it to fill their own heating.Or maybe they're using it in their diesel vehicles. It's basically the same stuff.

I've noticed that the 3 litre bottle of rape seed oil are gone from the shelves at Tesco almost as soon as they fill them up. That rape seed oil is almost as good as mineral diesel in many vehicles and it's only 56p / litre. Which is about 40 % cheaper than buying it in 20 litre drums from Agrimark. Agrimark veg oil actually costs about the same as vehicle fuel taxed diesel - even if you buy a 20 litre drum.

Holy shit, on the bbc web site it says 10,000lt i hope thats a misprint or some bastard is driving around in a tanker stealing fuel, either that or they have been having it away for ages without the person knowing.

And with tanks that large it is going to be red diesel rather than kero so there will be people driving around with pink tanks.

Maybe people are stealing it to fill their own heating.Or maybe they're using it in their diesel vehicles. It's basically the same stuff.

I laugh every time i hear of people using heating oil in their vehicles as like you say heating oil is similar but it does miss i few vital ingrediant to work successfully in a diesel mainly a complete lack of lubricant. this in turn destroys the finely machined internal working of their injection pump and a replacement unit can cost up to £2000 pound dependant on vehicle,i know because i have had the pleasure of charging muppets in the past for repairing said vehicles,

fun i seem to have a ringing sound in my ears ££ chur ching ££ chur ching ££chur ching ££ chur ching :):):)

Don't you just bung in some two-stroke ? :)

go ahead and try it, i heard the story ,normally from people that have just rang me to help them as their vehicle has just stopped :unsure: and you get the line after you tell them that the fuel in the filters smells more like Heating oil and you get " i've been adding 2 stroke oil like the guy in the pub told me" and i reply "thats nice your injection pump is still goosed and thats snapped the cambelt which has inturn bent some inlet and exhaust valves so that will be a new pump,cambelts,valves, gasket sets and 6 hours labour to remove the head fit and lap in new valves reset the timing,check for other damage if its all ok, fit the pump refit the cylinder head and other removed parts it'll cost roughly £2300--£2600 :):) , but thats ok just think of the money you have saved in the past .

go ahead it makes good money for the garage trade ;)

Archived