Castlemona Gone Into Liquidation

SANDA

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Paramount rumour comes around every year.

I've not been for years but there must be a new generation of people who are into it?

Should also be an interesting meeting between Dandara and the Brewery. Unless I'm mistaken, the Brewery own the Castle Mona shops (soon to be known as the entrance to a new car park for latest apartment block).

Should also be an interesting meeting between Dandara and the Brewery. Unless I'm mistaken, the Brewery own the Castle Mona shops (soon to be known as the entrance to a new car park for latest apartment block).

I can't believe that even Dandara would be stupid enough to build another empty apartment block, to compliment all the other empty blocks it already owns on the Prom. Any way its Manx stone. It won't burn down that easily and its bound to have a preservation order slammed on it.

I can't believe that even Dandara would be stupid enough to build another empty apartment block, to compliment all the other empty blocks it already owns on the Prom. Any way its Manx stone. It won't burn down that easily and its bound to have a preservation order slammed on it.

Surely the fact that it is a listed building (You would suppose), doesn't mean you can't build flats inside ? How abot a new ice rink :lol:

oh here we go again ...go start your own housing company instead of bitching about the people who already have...

I've not bitched about developers before. Just stating it how I see it. It would not make commercial sense to re-develop the castlemona as its going to have the mother of all protection orders on it when they still can't shift other *luxury* apartments near by so why would anyone suggest it.

Its idle speculation at the moment whether its in liquidation or not but that has not stopped anyone else.

oh here we go again ...go start your own housing company instead of bitching about the people who already have...

I've not bitched about developers before. Just stating it how I see it. It would not make commercial sense to re-develop the castlemona as its going to have the mother of all protection orders on it when they still can't shift other *luxury* apartments near by so why would anyone suggest it.

Its idle speculation at the moment whether its in liquidation or not but that has not stopped anyone else.

How about develpoing it into a new cinema complex ? God knows we need a new one !

The whole place has shut, apparently it owes more money than the place is worth so it won't be opening in any near future.

The building is listed and it's not a case of keep the external walls and build new apartments within. It's internal architecture is of historical significance.

Bets are it will be bought at next to nothing and turned into a a better hotel without the office, breeze or the bowling. Those areas would be for private functions or health club areas. They are not listed and could be demolished for a more suited purpose built set of buildings to compliment the architecture.

Pain in the ass for me although I am playing paramount on Friday if people are still up for a dance night.

The whole place has shut, apparently it owes more money than the place is worth so it won't be opening in any near future.

The building is listed and it's not a case of keep the external walls and build new apartments within. It's internal architecture is of historical significance.

Bets are it will be bought at next to nothing and turned into a a better hotel without the office, breeze or the bowling. Those areas would be for private functions or health club areas. They are not listed and could be demolished for a more suited purpose built set of buildings to compliment the architecture.

Pain in the ass for me although I am playing paramount on Friday if people are still up for a dance night.

Paging Holiday Inn or Radisson to the thread please!!

Paging Holiday Inn or Radisson to the thread please!!

My thoughts exactly, they would get a bargain, save enough to spend a few million getting the place in a decent state.

Manx preservation orders are not worth the paper they come on - name one example of a preservation order that worked especially in Douglas ? Dandara + friends have probably pulled down many historic buildings in Douglas

Falcon cliff hotel for one!

Archived