Castlemona Gone Into Liquidation

SANDA

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Majestic was rotting when I used to frequent in the late 70's/early 80's. Long past its hey day. However, apart from its title and designer, what did it offer aesthetically? It certainly didn't give its best side to its entrance. Its pool was very much a la mode in the 60's and early 70's, but that was more to do with the exclusivity than the design of the place.

(I'll now go and Google and find it was a fine example of something!)

I have taken my lads bowling several times and for birthday parties etc, it's a real shame it's closed down........ but what's that ..?light at the end of the tunnel..?......An entertainment and sports complex like no other .......Yes it's ......................................plastic /, ice skating!! We have been saved....

I think the government should have been nicer to Sleepwell/Jim Mellon

:blink:

and double :blink:

Why should the Government prop up ailing businesses...I dont want my taxes spent on loss making hotels and bars...I'd much rather have it spent on patching government scandals elsewhere.

On a serious note though, perhaps there is a possibity for some sections of the business, the office, bowling alley and that club thing upstairs (forgive me I dont know the name due to middle age!!), as opposed to a wholesale dismantling of the site.

Perhaps we can get a MF cartel toegther to buy the Office...we all complain that we dont like the way most pubs etc are run....I can see it now....mobeats, Denzel and the boys doing the music, Mission doing the door, Girl 89 pulling the pints....

If MF ran pubs they would probably be the best pubs in the world......

Would be a great site for a Malmaison Hotel! :)

Or the old prison.

Will be in the Newcastle Malmaison over Christmas

Prison would be great location as well!

Missed out this time, just back having stayed at the Travelodge round the corner (but still the Quayside you understand) - you Lucky Old Git! :)

Would be a great site for a Malmaison Hotel! :)

Or the old prison.

Isn't that a hotel of sorts already? Great thing about it is that everyone else has to pay for you to stay there...

Facilities are pretty basic - but there's no shortage of bars.

Archived