Castlemona Gone Into Liquidation

SANDA

Weren't they in court this week for £65k in outstanding N.I contributions? I imagine that will be one of the main creditors for starters.

It is a real shame to see the loss of a site like this, I did enjoy the bowling there but I have to say that I've never considered Breeze to be a club as such (if it had it's own area within the complex, fair enough but being able to walk through said 'club' to the upstairs bowling alley never made any sense to me really). I'd never been into the hotel part of the complex in 10 years of living here.

I hope someone takes it on and can somehow remodel it into something that works, it is a nice venue, just not maximising its potential.

My thoughts go out to all those that find themselves out of work at this time of the year, that really is a shitty deal.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The agreement of ALL their creditors? Including the tax and VAT men? I doubt it somehow. In any case, they would be trading whilst insolvent and that is a definite no, no. The only way they could deal with the problem is to take formal action, and that is what they did.

But they could have tried and if all the creditors agreed and the directors are acting in the creditors' best interests, who is going to bring an action? It was probably too big a task, but there may have been a lack of imagination and certainly no goodwill - as I posted earlier, this stinks to high heaven. Even the VATman might have seen there was something to be gained for them, but they probably lack imagination also. This is one of the reasons IOM company law is so backward in my view.

But what decent hotels are there on the Island? By decent I mean somewhere nice to stay, reasonably priced, where the food is good and the staff pleased to see you. And where there is no noisy nightclub full of drunken rowdiness. I live off Island, have done for many years, but can see no hotel advertised that attracts me to stay, unlike many other places in the world.

Blimus!

Why did they close the Castle Mona?! I hope it isn't going to be allowed to be turned into yet more apartments. There is a lack of things for kids to do on the island as it is without them closing another thing for them to do. All these complaints that there is too much annoyance crime where kids are found in bus shelters getting drunk and causing trouble - isn't it a wonder?!

I hope someone will keep it open and just revamp it into this century - the bowling alley was very out dated and could do with some tender loving care to encourage people to go more often.

Which brings me to the Cinema - I mean really...it is not good at all...it needs gutting out and starting again by adding some more screens for a start to perhaps do a semi "easy-cinema" effort so you can get more than just a couple of films at a time most of which are rubbish. Could you see them doing OAP Monday's showing some good classics with a nice cuppa tea or a kids Saturday that gives them a choice of a couple of films? There is so much potential that the cinema is not using with only having two screens for a start and having a terrible location.

Which brings me to the Cinema - I mean really...it is not good at all...it needs gutting out and starting again by adding some more screens for a start to perhaps do a semi "easy-cinema" effort so you can get more than just a couple of films at a time most of which are rubbish. Could you see them doing OAP Monday's showing some good classics with a nice cuppa tea or a kids Saturday that gives them a choice of a couple of films? There is so much potential that the cinema is not using with only having two screens for a start and having a terrible location.

Okay wiseguy, who's gonna invest in further buildings to house further screens when the place is already half-empty after the first couple of nights screenings? I agree they could do better with what they have got, but further investment looks for return. Would you take the gamble?

I think the place will be missed less than many think, judging by what I feel is the unpopularity of the place. Granted Breeze was busy, but you can't prop a site of that size up on the takings of a crummy drink fuelled knocking shop like Breeze.

Where will the drug dealers ply their trade now?

I think the place will be missed less than many think, judging by what I feel is the unpopularity of the place. Granted Breeze was busy, but you can't prop a site of that size up on the takings of a crummy drink fuelled knocking shop like Breeze.

Where will the drug dealers ply their trade now?

Where they do now? many surveys over the years have shown drug deals to be in streets and pubs, only clubs of capacity's 1500+ have shown signs of dealers present. With an island of club capacities between 200-700, I think the Streets and pubs option is the one most parrallel to what you would find on this Island.

99% of drug searches in clubs reveal levels for personal use.

Not a pro drugs campaigner but being in the trade, you have to be on the ball and keep up with the trade literature. Be ahead with new trends and even further ahead on things that can cause problems.

Blimus!

Why did they close the Castle Mona?! I hope it isn't going to be allowed to be turned into yet more apartments. There is a lack of things for kids to do on the island as it is without them closing another thing for them to do. All these complaints that there is too much annoyance crime where kids are found in bus shelters getting drunk and causing trouble - isn't it a wonder?!

I hope someone will keep it open and just revamp it into this century - the bowling alley was very out dated and could do with some tender loving care to encourage people to go more often.

Its gone bust. That's what usually happens when the liquidators go in.

And as for a cinema. That will really pay the debts off won't it. Another bloody cinema when the one at the Palace is not at capacity and could hardly provide a return on the investment you suggest. Any more bright ideas for pissing more money down the drain?

Are you some finance sector genius or what?

Not a pro drugs campaigner but being in the trade, you have to be on the ball and keep up with the trade literature. Be ahead with new trends and even further ahead on things that can cause problems.

You might want to think about revising that sentence ;)

so how comes according to the Examiner its been up for sale and is a money earner??

Someone mis-read the press release?

Although I suppose anything can be a "money earner" - its making profits on the money earned that might be the issue here. The other headlines say quite clearly its ceased trading as it can't meet its obligations. Maybe they are wrong?

Archived