Premature Baby

Speckled Frost

That's very sad. Reading between the lines there could be no happy outcome regardless of which way the decision went - maybe, having now adopted the no aggressive care policy the parents will actually be able to enjoy more quality time with her than they might have been able to. I don't know, who am I to say but it is very sad.

my husband and i have sat here this evening contemplating the decision of the judge and have thought that perhaps it was the right thing to do. she has lived in constant pain, is blind and deaf, cannot live outside an oxygen tent, is fed through a feeding tube - we feel that she has no quality of life. this said, we have also contemplated the fact that if it was our daughter - our views would most likely change. as said before, it is a highly sensitive subject and i feel extreme sadness for the parents of this little girl.

Morally, I can't see a right or wrong with this one.

I think the only decisive factor was the pain Charlotte was going through and whether the parents could really appreciate this in their emotional state but I'm sure any parent would have acted in the same way.

At least they can look back knowing they did absolutely everything they could

Maybe she'll pull through on her own.

They aren't going to deny her all treatment, only resuscitation. I heard on the radio that her parents are sad, but also that they know they've done right by her. They've done all they can.

There's another case in the news now, about a sick baby in Alder Hey Hospital, which could go to Court to determine whether treatment should continue.

Its confirmed that case is going to court.

Archived