[liverpool Airport] New Security Charge

triple7

I dont mind paying on the basis:

1. I can havewhatever amount of aftershave, toothpaste etc in my hand luggage that I like;

2. I dont have to carry said items in a clear plastic bag like some tard

3. I dont have to suffer the indignity taking my shoes and belt off each time I travel

Other than that they charge enough....and as for that stupid fucking drop off system at Liverpool do me a favour!!!

I would also like a bit of consistancy in that each airport appears to have diiferent rules with regard to the screening. I have just been through six airports in the last two days, all in UK or Europe and the check at each one were different.

I dont mind paying on the basis:

1. I can havewhatever amount of aftershave, toothpaste etc in my hand luggage that I like;

2. I dont have to carry said items in a clear plastic bag like some tard

3. I dont have to suffer the indignity taking my shoes and belt off each time I travel

Other than that they charge enough....and as for that stupid fucking drop off system at Liverpool do me a favour!!!

It looks like you have to pay at Manchester Airport now just to pick someone up. There used to be a free 10 minutes in the arrivals car park, now the minimum charge is £1.80, plus a trip into the arrivals lounge to queue at the parking machine. The drop off area is still there, but christ knows how long that will remain before they are charging.

Rip Off Britain - Robbing b******s!

http://www.liverpooljohnlennonairport.com/page.php?p=124

As well as increased tax from the UK government Liverpool Airport are going to extract another £2 in loose change before you leave.

No doubt all airports will be watching to see if this catches on.

What next ...a charge to arrive?

It gets worse than that. Linked to this the owners (let not forget that's Peel Holdings, not BAA) are allegedly trying to charge taxi drivers £2,000 a year just to access the carpark to pick up fares.

Judging by how militant scouse taxi drivers are, that will be no taxi's into town for you or I, as its not the busiest airport in the world and I doubt that they would get much return on their £2,000 upfront investment.

Its quite a walk and the bus services are not brilliant.

As well as increased tax from the UK government Liverpool Airport are going to extract another £2 in loose change before you leave.

The charge will be included in the ticket price. Nowhere in the aryticle does it say or imply that passengers will have to pay cash

And yes there are arrivals taxes or charges, again hidden in ticket costs, in some countries,

The charge will be included in the ticket price. Nowhere in the aryticle does it say or imply that passengers will have to pay cash

If this charge was going to be collected by the airlines in the ticket price then the airlines would have been advised that their passenger charges at Liverpool were going to be increased. Staff working at LPL advise that plans are that this charge is going to be collected by the airport at departure.

And yes there are arrivals taxes or charges, again hidden in ticket costs, in some countries,

I was discussing this subject with a friend who tells me that Liverpool Airport are going to install turnstiles, you will have to purchase a token and use it to go through them - sounds like you will need to add another half hour before departure, Liverpools security queues take at least half an hour now!

and what is the point of putting parking tickets on unattended vehicles outside of Ronaldsway?? surely if you get a ticket you will just stay as long as you need to? if its 'cos they think there is a security concern with unattended vehicles then why isn't there a tow truck on constant standby to tow any suspect vehicle the moment its seen unattended??

I would imagine most people do it because they think they will get away with it

They may stay as long as they feel like it the first time but they won't go back there again!

Parking Tickets are a deterrent after all

Archived