Railway

xbones

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
depends how nice the glasses are and how quickly they get nicked!

Some of them are so nice you have to pay a six quid deposit to use them.

Is that true?

I can't believe that in this day and age a business is pathetic enough to ask for a deposit on a glass. If your bothered they'll get nicked or broken don't let people use them.

Paging Amadeus! Do any pubs on the island serve German beer on draught? I feel I might suffer Licher withdrawal symptoms over Xmas :(

If you're lucky, then the Regency might still have Warsteiner on tab in the bar - doubt you'll find anyone selling Licher, though..

Outback does Warsteiner and Erdinger - only bottles, though...

post-1086-1166295695_thumb.jpg

depends how nice the glasses are and how quickly they get nicked!

Some of them are so nice you have to pay a six quid deposit to use them.

I assume that's like a beer tube or something?

Is that true?

I can't believe that in this day and age a business is pathetic enough to ask for a deposit on a glass. If your bothered they'll get nicked or broken don't let people use them.

To be fair, it's not really a normal glass:

kwak-beer.jpg

I'm impressed with the range of beers, they might have German on draught, not sure. You can go in and pick up a beer menu. They have a lot of stuff other places dont normally stock.

Was in on Saturday afternoon/evening...thought the place was pretty impressive...was expecting another nightmare akin to the Bridge remodelling but it has a cozy bohemain feel...range of beers is good, friendly bar staff and a pool table ftw

Havent tried the food but at least its a pub that sells decent beer....not a bad start!

Archived