[BBC News] 'No plans' for speed limit change

Newsbot

The Isle of Man's new transport ministers says he does not have any set plans for an all-island speed limit.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/6200741.stm

Oh great here we go for another 5 bloody years.

When will politicians realise that this is a farce and that people do NOT want an all Island limit, and that more importantly an all Island limit will not reduce accidents one bit.

What is the point of having politicians if they don't stick to their convictions. He should stick to his guns, do what the people want and introduce a speed limit.

Its a democracy. Everytime they put it to the public they say "no". They seem to think that people will gradually wear down if they do it often enough.

Personally I don't really care but politically this issue is embarrassing as its one of the few examples of democracy in action, and they refuse to accept the results on the grounds that they know best.

What is the point of having politicians if they don't stick to their convictions. He should stick to his guns, do what the people want and introduce a speed limit.

hmmmm. I thought that there was a reforendum and that the majority decided that they didn't want a national limit?

/ [just back from the pub rant on]

the point here is there is no democracy the Gov get "advised" by the unelected c.s's (who have make there own minds/policy up regardless of public opinion) and follow suit.

Once upon a time it was mini roundabouts then traffic lights, then pumping shit up hill. Followd by lets be green, burn all the crap!

an who decided we need a bigger population? I personaly don't want more people but thats just me, who does?

/[best stop burbuling now]

goodnight Hic

It will all depend on whether the new minister is prepared to be his own man and listen to the people (no national speed limit), or whether he'll be manipulated by Bruce Nanny Hannay (20mph is fast enough for anyone!)

Archived