Christmas Post

ccm

Speaking to a friend who works in the Post Office she says they've struggled to cope with the deluge of mail that's arrived in the Island this Christmas. Apparently the same thing happened last year but not the year before that. It would seem (and I'm not saying that it is) that management have been caught out again with a backlog of parcels and letters still sitting there as there's not enough staff to cope.

Anyone know if they'll clear it

Probably down to the growth in online (off-island) shopping habits these days.

Maybe if people shopped locally...

Anyway, the posties are working tomorrow so maybe people waiting for parcels will get them in time for Christmas.

A good point.

I've had a number of parcels delivered the last few days with no delays. It's certainly a whole lot better than it could be so..

I've bought in the region off 85% of my stuff this year off the Internet. I always source it local first and take into account the postage invloved.

If the local firm is in the Parish, I will be a pay little more and shop local. However, I've found that most Local suppliers are so far above it beggers belief.

So far this year, I think I've saved around £400 plus by buying on-line.

Maybe the Local suppliers should stop looking at what everyone else charges and go for a fair mark up.

I personally think the Post Office do an exceptional job at this time off year and just carry one the hard work they do all year.

I personally think the Post Office do an exceptional job at this time off year and just carry one the hard work they do all year.

I'll second that.

I ordered an external harddrive from dabs and a couple of books from amazon on Monday evening and they all arrived today.

Archived