[BBC News] Motorists views sought on parking

Newsbot

Just pedestrianise the whole thing...

Trouble is there are not enough pedestrians about to do that. The only reaosn to go down Parliament Street is to shop, no other reason at all. Force the drivers to park on the quay, while improving things there. Concrete over the river, allowing enough room for boats to go underneath, and the problem is solved in a trice. Then everyone that can't be arsed to walk from some of the older peoples complexes and private estates could abandon their Mercs and Audis not too far from Looneys. We should also knock down the fire station and let the part timers take the engine home on a rota basis, when the horn goes they just drive round and pick up only those necessary to deal with that type of fire, that adds another 50 places in Shopshite car park. Now for Wilfs yard, easily 20 places there, put him out to grass by buying him out. Next to the farmers co-op is a plot of land that's been empty for years, compulsory purchase, another 16 places. When they re-build the pool, another 40 to 50 places easy.

So, not such a shortage of space is there? wonder how our premier estate agent and brother of the new education minister sees it

?

Is there not a plan afoot to do just that by the train station?

not heard of the old plaza site being done but I have heard the story of Albert Road school going and a multi story going there... which is near the MER station

are you following me?

I wasn't telling you we didn't need one I was replying to mission, then I was merely saying I had heard about albert road being used in reply to your post on the plaza area

Archived