Pleasure Boats Face Fuel Hike

Tempus Fugit

EU rules due to be introduced in 2007 mean a huge increase in the price of diesel as pleasure craft will no longer be able to use 'Red' duty exempt fuel

I wonder how many of the craft tied up in harbour will just stay there permanently, I forsee an increase in the use of sail and a glut of 'Se Vende' signs :)

EU rules due to be introduced in 2007 mean a huge increase in the price of diesel as pleasure craft will no longer be able to use 'Red' duty exempt fuel

I wonder how many of the craft tied up in harbour will just stay there permanently, I forsee an increase in the use of sail and a glut of 'Se Vende' signs :)

To be perfectly honest i think it is great time for the local industry as i know for fact that one farm that is as we speak setting up a large scale fermintation plant to distile cooking oil for fuel and also looking to grow rape seed and supply it as fuel for diesel engine vehicles,

if there is enough of a market then more farms will turn to rape seed as a total crop, i do not know of figures but to be fair the Europeans have not had duty free fuel for some time but they can claim some of the duty back dependant on use but according to one of the national farming magazines says that fuel crops have taken off in europe so why not here,

mind you, you sound like you could have a touch of the 'green eyed monster' and would like to see some of the 'less better off' boat owners boats rot in the new marina, as for the rest of the gin palace brigade a price hike well not diswade them for vrooming round this fair Isle

tell me Oh great one what else do you forsee...........................

Why were they allowed to use red diesel in the first place?

the dye in diesel fuel it to identify it as non road use fuel ie static engine generators,pumps or agricultural plant and vehicles or boats anything that doesn't traval on the road more than 1/4 of a mile really.As non road use fuel you do not pay road tax on it but if you get stopped at a random check and they find red diesel fuel in your road vehicle tank it is a very hefty fine plus loss of vehicle.

]

To be perfectly honest i think it is great time for the local industry as i know for fact that one farm that is as we speak setting up a large scale fermintation plant to distile cooking oil for fuel and also looking to grow rape seed and supply it as fuel for diesel engine vehicles,

if there is enough of a market then more farms will turn to rape seed as a total crop, i do not know of figures but to be fair the Europeans have not had duty free fuel for some time but they can claim some of the duty back dependant on use but according to one of the national farming magazines says that fuel crops have taken off in europe so why not here,

mind you, you sound like you could have a touch of the 'green eyed monster' and would like to see some of the 'less better off' boat owners boats rot in the new marina, as for the rest of the gin palace brigade a price hike well not diswade them for vrooming round this fair Isle

tell me Oh great one what else do you forsee...........................

I see silentwhispers doing more English homework or investing in a spell-checker :)

Are farmers still allowed to use red diesel in their vehicles?
No not in their road vehicles, but pretty much anything else

I see silentwhispers doing more English homework or investing in a spell-checker :)
I shall never give up my poor grasp of the English language.

Archived