Cloned Food

Amadeus

US body backs sale of cloned food

Meat and milk from cloned animals is safe for human consumption, the US food regulator said in a draft ruling.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ruled that cloned cattle, pigs and goats produced food "as safe as the food we eat every day".

The recommendation, coming after a five-year study, is a major step towards allowing food from animals onto US supermarket shelves.

Great! Soon you can have a cloned steak, and some GM modified sides with it.. <_<

Could be good news for the Island, though, especially if plans to market manx products as high quality, all natural and pure food are pursued further in anticipation of 2011...

well if I was being cynical and paranoid I'd suggest that once the american public accepts eating cloned food they will accept a cloned sheep and eventually via small steps accept cloned people or whatever

America is a nation of fatasses who will stick anything in their gobs without a second thought. Just because they accept it does not mean that I expect to eat in in McDonalds in 3 years time.

Europeans have different standards when it comes to sticking crap down their throats.

Archived