Manx Radio = White Elephant?

Roger Smelly

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do 35k (61%) of the adult population really listen to Manx Radio on a weekly basis and for an average of nearly 16 hours? I have to say I'd be surprised...

I'd be bloody well amazed, absolutely, totally, utterly, fantasmagorically, bloody well amazed. Unless there is a "care in the community" listening farm up at Jurby.

they still haven't worked out that MR has two frequencies and that no doubt lots of people only listen to the breakfast FM Mandate and then quickly go to BBC Radio Two or elsewhere in order to avoid listening to a dose of complete shite whereas the whole AB "Breakfast Show" then gets the credit - some one said figures and lies.

I get it know! i never quite did understand.

Alex Brindley saying his is the most listened to breakfast show per square inch of land, when really everyone is listening to the news on Medium Wave?

I never hear anyone listening to manx radio anywhere i go! Was also in the Railway last night, glad it's recovered from the disaster manx radio caused it!

Alex Brindley saying his is the most listened to breakfast show per square inch of land, when really everyone is listening to the news on Medium Wave?

I never hear anyone listening to manx radio anywhere i go! Was also in the Railway last night, glad it's recovered from the disaster manx radio caused it!

Mandate is on the FM frequency and AB is relegated to medium wave for that hour. I, for one, don't change to medium wave to keep up with AB, but he always says what a wonderful time the medium wavers had while we were listening to the grown up stuff.

Mandate is on the FM frequency and AB is relegated to medium wave for that hour. I, for one, don't change to medium wave to keep up with AB, but he always says what a wonderful time the medium wavers had while we were listening to the grown up stuff.

Ugh? The news is on FM and music on Medium Wave. Is that so the politicians can hear themselves in stereo? I don't get that, why do they do that. Surely speech would be okay on MW with music on FM. Or is part of the sweetener of the 800k Tynwald give to MR.

that's a great line from 3fm's MD....

a little unkind maybe but oh so true!

As astute as any red top journalist who knows that people read headlines not figures.

115-50 age group: 22.9% 3fm to 19.6% Manx Radio - not much of a difference.

I think 3fm is really for those who can't afford a CD player in the car! ;)

that's a great line from 3fm's MD....

a little unkind maybe but oh so true!

As astute as any red top journalist who knows that people read headlines not figures.

115-50 age group: 22.9% 3fm to 19.6% Manx Radio - not much of a difference.

I think 3fm is really for those who can't afford a CD player in the car! ;)

Considering Manx Radio's 40 year headstart and huge subvention to offset programming costs, 3fm has done well to achieve dominance in their target market in a little over two years from a standing start. Good luck to them. It might not be your choice of station, but it's obviously popular

The figures do seem a bit strange as the 3FM press release says 69.5% of the Manx Radio listening is over 50. Out of a listernership if 39,000 this is approx 27,100. The 2006 census only had 29,304 over 50s living in the IoM so this at 92% is pretty good going

It is always though a bit hard to tell though as I am not sure if they are refering to reach, hours of listening etc as what is preferable 20 people listening for 2 hrs or 5 persons for 8 hrs? Same amount of listening but one could claim more listen to A than B but could also claim than people listen to B longer than A.

As they say there are lies, damn lies and statistics..

Do 35k (61%) of the adult population really listen to Manx Radio on a weekly basis and for an average of nearly 16 hours? I have to say I'd be surprised...

I'd be bloody well amazed, absolutely, totally, utterly, fantasmagorically, bloody well amazed. Unless there is a "care in the community" listening farm up at Jurby.

Archived