Driving While Banned

thebees

I keep seeing reports about people who drive while banned in the newspapers. They are only ever charged with Driving while disqualified, surely they are also driving with no insurance and no license. I don’t think an extra 18 months ban and £2.50 fine is a fair representation of the crime committed, these little scroats are banned from driving for a reason and by flaunting the law are creating further danger on the roads. Why dont they 'Have the book thrown at them'?

If they are knowingly breaking the law then the disqualification should be lengthened to life.

A driving licence is a privilege, not a right.

Aren't you knowingly breaking the law to get disqualified in the first place?

"Nah, didn't realise me chav mobile could push a ton, and that kid in town should've stayed on the pavement, he could hear me choons well before I broke his legs. Pass us that spliff back this way Davo, it's fuckin' 2 toke pass. Dickhead."

Aren't you knowingly breaking the law to get disqualified in the first place?

"Nah, didn't realise me chav mobile could push a ton, and that kid in town should've stayed on the pavement, he could hear me choons well before I broke his legs. Pass us that spliff back this way Davo, it's fuckin' 2 toke pass. Dickhead."

Class!! didn't know that Chav's took any notice of smoking etiquette. do you think he also passed it to the left?

Driving when disqualified is a serious and arrestable offence (with a high probability of being punishable by a prison sentence). I think you see this because it is the most serious charge out of all three mentioned, and automatically works out that you have no insurance (not usually prison) or no licence (lower probability of prison). If you drive when disqualified you are also acting against an existing court order. Courts will go for the more serious charge in most cases.

_

Yes, but, do they or do they not have to answer charges of driving with no insurance, no tax and without a valid license? Like a burgliar for an example, he burglials someones house and breaks the door whilst breaking in, will he also be charged with criminal damage or just burgalry?

They're two seperate offences though that can be committed independantly.

You simply can't drive without being disqualified and not being driving without insurance too so I think what AT is saying is that it's automatically factored in.

The authorities do normally charge all available offences

Driving whilst disqualified automatically will have a no insurance with it, and unless it was your car, also a taking without the owners consent because if any one loaned you the car they would be aiding and abetting driving whilst disqualified so they ain't going to admit that.

The no licence is not usually done, its almost implicit in the driving whilst disqualified, but the other ones that aften go along are not producing tax and licence within time and not stopping and not reporting

I did Duty Advocate this week at court. There were several on the list with the correct multiple charges

Archived