[BBC News] Artist to tackle sticky problem

Newsbot

Chairman of the Public Works Committee, Ritchie McNicholl, said it is a "time consuming job", a universal problem and wished "manufacturers would make chewing gum that is digestible."

I don't partake myself, but wouldn't that defeat the object of chewing gum?

What a waste of public money!!!

AFAIK Chewing gum is digestible - I've always swallowed the stuff when I have lost interest in it, & never noticed it 'coming out the other end' (well not like sweetcorn anyway!!!!).

Off to 'google' it now!!!

Edited to add:-

For the anti-dog people - at least dog turds bio-degrade much quicker than gum - maybe there's another rant for you!!!

AFAIK Chewing gum is digestible - I've always swallowed the stuff when I have lost interest in it, & never noticed it 'coming out the other end' (well not like sweetcorn anyway!!!!).

For the anti-dog people - at least dog turds bio-degrade much quicker than gum - maybe there's another rant for you!!!

I hope you're not suggesting we start chewing on dog turds instead of gum.

I hope you're not suggesting we start chewing on dog turds instead of gum.

Not at all!

Just something else the anti-dog folks might be able to get their teeth into :)

Archived