Drink Drive Policeman...

Tango

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's p1ss poor.

It might seem an 'average' sort of punishment for DD but for someone in his position it should be more severe, especially as there was a crash involved apparently.

Mmm ...... not so long back a doctor who was just over the limit got a £1200 fine and a three year ban, and has to undergo an alcohol awareness course before he can drive again. He didn't cause any accident.

I'm not condoning drink driving, but everybody should be treated fairly, and should expect the same punishment for the same crime.

He also got let off the failing to stop and failing to report an accident. No evidence was entered and those charges were dismissed. I note thay didn't say that he'd have to retake his test either.

He should be fucking sacked.

At this stage we are moving into the area of discussing thems that really run the Island. That includes shutting down internet forum sites and 'chat rooms'.

Mebe best if we just goes back to discussing Steam Packets and parking in Douglas and doggy doos and that sort of stuff.

Haha well at the least he should have lost his job, a person who upholds the law must also tow the line.

As for the "Knock Knock Club" those are for weak individuals who like safety in numbers :lol: don't get me started on them, all i will say is they have my card marked but i have theres marked too ;)

This policeman may have a good record but in that job you must also have a follow the rules.

I hope in the future the police force will change the employment contracts and add " if any officer is found guilty of any offence they will be sacked"

Depends on the offence surely, Roger? I wouldn't object to a copper who'd committed a few parking offences, or who'd been done for doing 32 in a 30 limit. I think drunk driving nowadays though is considered to be a relatively serious offence

At this stage we are moving into the area of discussing thems that really run the Island. That includes shutting down internet forum sites and 'chat rooms'.

All I have seen is displays of shock and bemusement. If that pisses people off well tough.

Give up the warnings please. As with all the discussions that go on here its the lack of any set policy or standardised sentencing that gets people commenting. When that happens people draw their own conclusions, those conclusions may not be paletable to some, but you can rarely argue with the reasons why people are led to the conclusions they do as when compared to other cases this might look lenient to some.

If nobody questions anything, the same system just perpetuates.

Archived