Console Tournament

Shill

Console games tournament?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm just gauging interest really.

Would anyone be interested in attending a locally hosted console games tournament. Xbox360, Wii, PS2 games.

Prizes and entertainment laid on.

I am just seeing if it is worthwhile looking at sponsorship and the like to try and organise such an event.

I have put up a poll to gauge interest. Please only vote if you play console games on a regular basis.

Sounds like an interesting concept, but before i could commit i would first need to buy a small lcd panel as i dont fancy lugging round the 42" plasma i normally play on, i believe also that you can connect multiple 360's with just the wireless bridge and no router :) to make life easier .

(edited to add) i too will be there only to add cannon fodder for the better players

You wouldnt need to buy anything. Consoles and big screen TV's will be at the venue.

Well it seems there is a bit of interest.

I will ask around and do some begging :)

Like I say this is only in the very early idea's stages. It is something I have been thinking about for awhile but never really had the incentive to get it going. LAN's are good fun but it puts people off when they have to lug all their PC equipment and monitors to a venue. Then theres the patching and installing and networking. With consoles it's so much easier. It's just getting the sponsorship and a half decent venue.

In terms of the tournament i was thinking along the lines of a sports game, a driving game and an FPS game. Depending on interest I will sort out a tournament format easily enough.

We could also have Wii Sports in the background for when people arent playing in the tournament.

Anyway if anyone has any ideas themselves feel free to add them to this post.

:P

I miss you guys, but I really dont miss the game. Strange really as I thought I would.

Slim, there might be Pie and Cake at the console tournament.

• 2 months later...
You wouldnt need to buy anything. Consoles and big screen TV's will be at the venue.

i maybe able to supply a large number of secondhand 20" lcd panels in the near future, believed to be 3 years old and due to current hotel law need to be changed to keep up with P.A.T.S. testing :blink::blink: (not sure what its all about) but i'm not compaining if i get the job of disposing of them ;);)

Due to someone letting me down on sponsorship I have had to put this on hold for the time being.

Personally I think it would be a good event, if anyone is interested in contacting me to help it get off the ground you are more than welcome.

Archived