Ben My Chree Sailing Cancelled

Tempus Fugit

Ben resumed normal schedule thursday 19.45

SE1 pax transferred to Ben this morning

Bumholes! I just rang TNT and they said they got one of two trailers through. Guess which they didn't get. :(

Ah well. Bloody weather.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how was it that in the old days the SPCo boats which didn't have modern sailing aids (stabalisers etc) were out in all sorts of weather yet for a modern boat its too much? I remember being on one of the old passenger boats doing a day trip to Fleetwood that took 12 hours to get back eventually going in to Peel. is it that the crew are they just too namby pamby softies scared of a bit of motion and the company doesn't want labour problems so doesn't want upset crew so 'choose' not to sail? Maybe the Communications Manager might come on and say why so many bad weather cancellations, or maybe we might find out via the Manx Radio morning breakfast show presenter.... isn't he a former(?) IOMSPCo employee.

at a guess its probably either health and safety reasons or insurance ones.

a lot of vehicles, goods and people could take a bit of a bashing in rough weather.

that reminds me, last time my missus came over on boat when it was rough, the boat was covered in puke and no one had bothered to clean it up..so maybe thats also a factor

more likely that the majority of the crew aren't manx and so couldn't care two stuffs about putting themselves out for a few island people.

wtf! are you serious or have you been drinking again?

It's a conspiracy, all of it! I'm not paranoid but they are out to get me.

how many manx accents do you hear these days from the crew? how many polish, central, east european and other voices do you hear? what do those foreign crew care about providing a service to manx people ? soon it won't be long before the boat doesn't sail if there is going to be any sign of a puff in the offing.

think of a show of hands. whose up for sailing today? not enough in favour? okay we'll cancel its only the travelling public they can wait till the weather gets better lets go home and have a bit of kip there is no other service they can use so we won't lose out financially.

think of a show of hands. whose up for sailing today? not enough in favour? okay we'll cancel its only the travelling public they can wait till the weather gets better lets go home and have a bit of kip there is no other service they can use so we won't lose out financially.

Ok, if you say so. Were you a big fan of The X Files?

Archived