Ben My Chree Sailing Cancelled

Tempus Fugit

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Copycat may also like to know that it isn't just him/her that is grounded today due to the adverse weather conditions, if he bothered to check Teletext etc, he would see that the majority of ferry services around the Uk are also grounded.. or is he/she one of those people that doesn't look further than what is happening on the Island???

The Lady of Mann (might have been the King Orry) sailed one Chirstmas eve in a force 9/10. I was on it, it was the worst sea crossing I have ever made, people were being sick everywhere, I have great sea legs but the nastiness of everyone elses sick made me sick. Even if they were allowed to sail the boat, would you really want to get on it?

I belive it is the Captains descision as to if they sail or not, if it was me I wouldnt bother either, people are soo rude, they expect the Steam Packet staff to clean up their puke, you wouldn't just leave sick in your house so why leave it on a boat? the smell hangs about for ages too so I think it is wise of them to hold sailings when people would just be sick if you did sail.

Well, the Steam Packet replaced the Lady of Mann, King Orry and Peveril with, basically, the Ben My Chree and a Seacat - if the Ben and Seacat can't cope with the same conditions as the three vessels they replaced, then they weren't a particularly good buy for the Irish Sea, were they?

In all fairness the Lady of Mann used to sail in weather that the Ben My Chree pisses itself at and then runs off to hide in a cove somewhere.

I used to work on the Lady. The old Ben My Chree from the 70s would go out in all sorts too. I remember taking 8-9 hours to get to the island from Liverpool in (I think) a force 9

Just to say that I came home on the Ben My Chree overnight. It was 'lively.' There were very few passengers on board so they filled up the car deck space with extra trailers etc.

As for the crew, they were attentive, helpful and considerate - as always - and entirely regardless of their origins. We may criticize the company at times, but the on-board crew have always been excellent in my experience.

I think Copycat/manxchatterbox is just upset that he/she didn't win 'Best Troll' and is trying to establish a foundation for success this year.

Archived