Tesco Boy Racers On Youtube?

Last Ten

I was under the impression that Tesco car park was private land and not a public highway!

OK they were probably acting inappropriately but pehaps someone can explain the law on this particular case??

(Calling John Wright)...

LT

Doesnt matter that its private land. The public have invited access.

Driving without due care, Dangerous driving, and drink driving can all be committed in a 'public place'. This would include Tescos car park. Does not have to be a road.

At events like the Royal Show when people are invited to park there cars into a field, for the duration of the event that field becomes a public place.

pretty sure thats right, well 99% anyway

Im sure it goes somthing like this -

Tesco could sue for trespass - and use the video as evidence of trespass.

You cannot be prosecuted for trespass as it is a civil offence. The correct term would on all those signs should read "Trespassers will be Sued".

A prosecution can arise from trespassing - if the Police were called to witness the removal of trespassers - and they then fail to comply with the requirement to provide their personal details to the Police officer.

I suspect Police/Tesco could go down the - criminal damage to the tarmac surface - route, or indeed use the video as evidence to see if the cars were driven on the access roads (public roads) in a dangerous manner in relation to Police action.

There may be an option, knowing that staff are about 24hours at Tesco to go for the wreckless and careless route on the public access road and just look at the Tesco trespass as a continuation of the cars having been used on public roads to gain access to the carpark.

Im no expert - but have upset and put the noses out of a few landowners in the past!

Anyone got a link on youtube as I cannot find it!

I would guess that as they are being prosecuted and the video forms evidence, it would have been taken off the site for legal reasons.

This was on Manx Radio last night. The police stated that they would not be prosecuted, but possibly warned. Is it any wonder they do this? The news item before this was about the vandalism on the Strand shopping centre, these yobs had also put the video on youtube. No doubt they will not get prosecuted either. The police simply are not interested, they are far too busy making up figures on how crime rate has dropped. It might fool some people I guess.

(Calling John Wright)...

He does seem to know stuff about legal issues dosent he? ;)

John can certainly sound authoritative on most if not all subjects. <_<

Regarding Youtube, when something like this happens there are usually a spate of copies made and youtube, google video etc get deluged with copies! A bit like Internet Forums that get closed down on the Isle of Man - another one always pops up somewhere!

I was just wondering what I would be doing now at nights if I was in the 16-25 age group......still wondering.......it has to be said, it is little wonder these kids are driving round like maniacs, what else is there for them? nothing, absolutely nothing, I hated living here when I was younger it was boring then and we had the odd thing to do, now? nothing absolutely nothing to do and no where to go!

What they need is healthy Warcraft habits :)

Archived