Iom Online

ccm

So?

And think very carefully before you reply to that. If you have some sort of agenda or ulterior motive, don't reply at all.

So, let me think - I don't know any of the people involved, I have no ulterior motives and no agenda other than to question what sort of message does his sentence send out to women who want to end a relationship?

The paper reported that he was upset that his wife wouldn't have him back, so he delivered a 'sustained attack' and she died from 11 knife wounds. For that he got 18 months. If I was his mother-in-law maybe now he's out I'd be thinking about doing the same to him - after all, I'd be VERY, VERY upset that he'd killed my daughter and so maybe I'd get an even lighter sentence than him.

Another question occurs - why are there no female Deemsters?

Whilst I will keep my opinions to myself , I would like to say for the courts and how the sentence is set.

The guy invloved had been on remand for 15-18 months before the case came to court. That would have benn taken into account.

So whether you like it or not, he's done the best part of 3 yrs if not more.

Whether you like the outcome or you don't, that is what it has seems to believe to time served.

If you want to get at anyone, get at the system and go for that.

Not for this case but others to follow who will use this as a precedent i think.

If you want to get at anyone, get at the system and go for that.

Not for this case but others to follow who will use this as a precedent i think.

Precedent? Isle of Man? Are you a heretic? We don't do precedents here.

So, let me think - I don't know any of the people involved, I have no ulterior motives and no agenda other than to question what sort of message does his sentence send out to women who want to end a relationship?

The paper reported that he was upset that his wife wouldn't have him back, so he delivered a 'sustained attack' and she died from 11 knife wounds. For that he got 18 months. If I was his mother-in-law maybe now he's out I'd be thinking about doing the same to him - after all, I'd be VERY, VERY upset that he'd killed my daughter and so maybe I'd get an even lighter sentence than him.

Didn't the paper also report his plea? And mitigating circumstances? And a whole defence case? You don't know any of the people involved, have no ulterior motives and no agenda but you also don't know all of the facts.

I do love a good amateur Manx Perry Mason though, so if you have any other startling legal insights to share, please post them in capital letters, preferably prefixed with "IT'S A DISGRACE" and full of calls to string people up like what happened in the good old days.

So?

And think very carefully before you reply to that. If you have some sort of agenda or ulterior motive, don't reply at all.

Another question occurs - why are there no female Deemsters?

Is there a feminine form of the word "Deemster", like Deemstress or something? :)

So?

I have my opinions. As you see they've not been displayed on this site. The Island's news services see fit to inform people upon his release.

I also know the (gentle)man in question extremely well.

What I will say is that given the opinion of many people I know who have commented about his sentence, it's interesting to see he intends to remain living in the Island.

Archived