[BBC News] Drink drive campaign 'a success'

Newsbot

PC Boozecruiser on the Isle of Man hailed the biased nature of their Christmas drink drive campaign. And thanked all concerned for the support in reducing his fine to that covered by his TT week overtime pay.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/6253741.stm

Fixed it for you. ;)

Despite the huge increase in the number of drivers tested, arrests fell by 45% and charges dropped by a third.

Except for policemen arrested which went up by 100%.

:lol:

can see this will not be forgotten.

Despite the huge increase in the number of drivers tested, arrests fell by 45% and charges dropped by a third.

Except for policemen arrested which went up by 100%.

:lol:

can see this will not be forgotten.

It would seem to be a fact. Unless more were arrested last year than this.

I'm not making a point really. Just that statistics prove absolutely bugger all.

BUT we should applaud the police on the basis of the numbers provided as nobody wants pissed up people on the roads at any time of the year, and broadly the campaign seems to have been a great success as accidents seemed to be quite low as well.

However reluctantly, I suppose we must give some credit for the fact the off duty policeman was prosecuted for being over the limit. I'm sure there have been times in the past when it would have been covered up for the sake of camaraderie - and that it still happens that way in many jurisdictions.

Whatever the courts decided, it can't be denied that the police were doing their jobs.

Archived