[BBC News] Busy agenda for Tynwald sitting

Newsbot

Why does Mrs Cannell keep repeating herself?

I assume you mean her loaded question about 'safeguards' against 'floods' of Romanian and Bulgarian immigrants settling on the iom [and potentially helping, probably temporarily until they go back, to sustain growth in the manx economy] (question 6) rather than the question asking the new Education minister about her (I think its Anne Craine isnt it?) priorities for the next 12 months (question 8)...?

I guess she is referring to the fact that she asks the same question to each minister.

More to the point why does the question relating to whether a zebra crossing is going to be created need a written response. Surely, the answer is either "yes" or "no".

I guess she is referring to the fact that she asks the same question to each minister.

More to the point why does the question relating to whether a zebra crossing is going to be created need a written response. Surely, the answer is either "yes" or "no".

Oh yeah!

Maybe its just a kind of planted question to give each minister a chance to put on record their priorities...?

Do you think we can use the good offices of manx forums to ask the following question for written answer at some point on this thread:

(The not always very honourable) ponderer to ask Brenda Cannell MHK:

MF1: What are your main proirities in terms of policy issues going to be in the next 12 months?

As for Mr Karran's question (no. 20) about planning committee meeting et al I can personally attest that he has never attended one of the public meetings. Why doesn't he do some homework before asking his questions?

Be fair, he probably was at home during the meetings.

This is politics, Surely you don't expect a simple "yes" or "no" to anything!

Archived