Onchan Commissioners Election Jan 18th

www.theislandinsider.co.uk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Onchan and will be voting on Thursday. So far I have only received two manisfestos from potential candidates, neither of which were yours. Also although you have signed your name at the bottom of your first post as "Andrew", your actual manifesto doesn't even have your full name on it so wouldn't have a clue who to vote for. If I didn't read the forums I wouldn't even know that you were standing for election, and as I doubt that the majority of Onchan are forum members, you might want to get posting a few round before Thursday.

If you could IM me the road you live on please id be grateful, as my manifesto should have gone out to all houses.

The word document is only the text of the manifesto, its missing the front page and the layout format.

And presumably then you haven't seen all the green signs on the main roads in Onchan saying "VOTE DOSSOR X" ?

If you could IM me the road you live on please id be grateful, as my manifesto should have gone out to all houses.

The word document is only the text of the manifesto, its missing the front page and the layout format.

And presumably then you haven't seen all the green signs on the main roads in Onchan saying "VOTE DOSSOR X" ?

i'm in birch hill and have recieved nothing from you i'm afraid

Told by a courier delivery person who delivers the top end of Birch Hill, that there was a manifesto for Mcdowell as a flier in last weeks courier.

Some bugger managed to steal the courier out of my letterbox last week :blink:

I have only got one manifesto, and will be voting for that person anyway, but the other 3 seem not too bothered about anyone voting for them. :(

Ian McDowell's manifesto arrived last week with the Courier, and June Kelly's must have been delivered by hand as it was on the door mat a week or two ago. I have seen the signs for you Andrew, and notice that a couple for Stephen Babb have popped up over night as well, but have not received a manifesto for him either.

Impressive fence sitting from Babb on the radio today. You could almost hear his thought process 'how can I answer this polar question about onchan without upsetting any votors at all'....

Post election hysterics anyway, normally nobody gives a shite about local government seats. Most of this lot are only doing it so they stand a better chance in the next election.

Both Andrew Dosser's manifesto and my own have been delivered during the past two weeks. To deliver them I employed the Junior Achievement group I assist as they were keen for the work (and the money), Andrew was kind enough to trust them to deliver his as well to help them raise money for their forthcoming All Island 6th Form Ball.

Whilst the weather has not been the best recently, they have assured me that have delivered to the whole village. If anyone missed out, then please accept my apologies on their behalf.

Andrew's manifesto is above and anyone wanting to read mine can do so via this link http://www.babbfamily.co.uk/steve_babb_com...s_manifesto.pdf .

As for any fence sitting on the radio, well anyone is welcome to their opinion. I can honestly say that such thoughts never crossed my mind, I answered as honestly as possible, as I believe all the candidates did in their interviews. Whilst the election is important to me, not as a General election publicity stunt but because I care about the village, which is why I decided to stand rather than snipe, I will admit that my thoughts have also been somewhat distracted as late, thinking about whether my wife will give birth sooner or later in the next three weeks to our second child.

Good luck to all the candidates though, I think the standard of candidates in this bye election bodes well for Onchan, no matter what the result.

As for any fence sitting on the radio, well anyone is welcome to their opinion.

Exactly my point! You were asked for one but didn't give it. You must have had a preference on Stock cars vs Velodrome, but didn't have the bottle to say which one.

I employed the Junior Achievement group I assist as they were keen for the work (and the money), Andrew was kind enough to trust them to deliver his as well to help them raise money for their forthcoming All Island 6th Form Ball.

/off topic

All island 6th form ball? :o Sounds interesting! Any more details about that? ;) PM me!

Archived