Benefit Frauds

FCMR

Its been on the news today that a girl from Douglas was given a 50 day prison sentence, suspended for 1 year for obtaining Government benefit, this is the second person in seven days to be proecuted for obtaining Government money by submitting false information. It involved a overpayment of £2000.00. Is it just the common person that gets done.

Its been on the news today that a girl from Douglas was given a 5 month prison sentence, suspended for 1 year for obtaining Government benefit, this is the second person in seven days to be proecuted for obtaining Government money by submitting false information. It involved a overpayment of £2000.00. Is it just the common person that gets done.

Well I guess the difference is that this case has been heard and she has been found to be 'wanting'. Can you name one instance where a person, common or otherwise, was found to have erroneously (and more importantly deliberately) claimed funds to which they were not entitled and were subsequently released without charge?

Anyway, think this is a little off thread no?

12 years ago I was claiming £105.00 per week (total, that includes Child benefit and Supp Ben) my rent in my 2 bedroom, freezing cold miserable flat, was £75.00pw.........not a lot left for food, bills nor clothes. A far cry from the 'fat Cat', 'champagne neddy' life style other scroungers live!

Yeah - this topic has undertones of you know who - well, if the scrounger cap fits - wear it.

Am I correct in saying that on all Government application forms, Dole, Sick, Grants etc, it states that any person found to be submitting false information to obtain payments will be prosicuted. So if you do the crime, do the time

If i am to be critical of the IOM then its your benefits system.

Shocking is an understatement.

Some of my former clients were refused thier DLA, reason...who knows thier Schizoprenia was bad as it ever was....perhaps the social have found a cure.

Archived