Its All Kicking Off At The Airport.

spanna

Euromanx flight from London City took off despite the fact that nearly every other flight was cancelled. Unsurprisingly they couldn't land as it was too dangerous so were re-directed to Belfast where I'm told it felt like they were shot down as opposed to landed - after 2 hours flying. I know someone who was on the flight. Apparently the flight was all over the sky and was way past bumpy - dangerous I'm told. Some people were in tears afterwards and at least 3 people refused to re board the flight. Why on earth would Euromanx take a chance and fly in such conditions and subject passengers to such uncomfortable and scary conditions when other carriers sensibly delayed or cancelled their flights?

:sweat: wouldn't fancy that at all. Surprised Euromanx took off at all. Aer Arann cancelled their flights but then again they do that at the drop of a hat.

Certainly a bit windy last night - even by the time the storm got to Prague it was strong enough to fell trees and pull bits off houses.

Still, it's an ill wind that blows no good - nice clear air this morning, and it's finally blown the last of the autumn leaves off the trees... now all we need is a bit of winter...

I always feel a bit nervous on those little things in high winds.

The EuroManx to Liverpool just after Christmas was a bit bumpy to say the least - was very glad to see land at the other side. Oddly enough it was the smoothest landing I've ever had in any plane of any size - I wouldn't have known we'd landed until we stopped at the terminal if I hadn't been looking out of the window. Absolutely textbook. I'm starting on my PPL at the moment, so now I have a standard to aim for :)

*Note to self - don't leave light aircraft outside at Ronaldsway on a windy day*

*Note to self - stop deluding yourself into thinking you will ever be able to afford a light aircraft*

Strangely a smooth landing in bad conditions can be the wrong thing to do. :blink:

I read an accident report from last year where the pilot got blamed for landing too soft!. :huh: It was to do with heavy rain and standing water which ment cus he landed so smooth the wheels aquaplaned as soon as they touched down and the plane then cudnt brake and went off the end of the runway. If conditions are like that your ment to aim to land with a bump which gives the wheels a knock so they rotate then the special treds can work and shift the water so the tires can grip the runway.

ps.your not deluding yourself.. I predict two let410s coming on the market soon for a giveaway price. :lol:

You really are on the ball today :o

My mate's Euromanx 13.30 flight from Manchester to the island finally took off at 20:00. Though the wait was all made worthwhile by the £3.50 voucher he got - why that's very nearly a whole cup of tea!

Just before New Year I flew to Liverpool with Euromanx. My flight was delayed for five hours - because of technical problems, not weather (i.e. Euromanx's fault) and I was provided with a £5 voucher for the cafeteria.

Just after New Year I was due to return with them. I was five minutes late for my flight because of some traffic works near Runcorn. They had space on the next flight - for £104 one way.

Thieving swine. Every time their MD makes some comment about how Euromanx deserves to be protected from competition I will be writing to the DTI to say otherwise

My mate's Euromanx 13.30 flight from Manchester to the island finally took off at 20:00. Though the wait was all made worthwhile by the £3.50 voucher he got - why that's very nearly a whole cup of tea!

Just before New Year I flew to Liverpool with Euromanx. My flight was delayed for five hours - because of technical problems, not weather (i.e. Euromanx's fault) and I was provided with a £5 voucher for the cafeteria.

Just after New Year I was due to return with them. I was five minutes late for my flight because of some traffic works near Runcorn. They had space on the next flight - for £104 one way.

Thieving swine. Every time their MD makes some comment about how Euromanx deserves to be protected from competition I will be writing to the DTI to say otherwise

Air Travel Advice

EU Information

Thats unusual, I missed my London flight a few months ago, they were very very nice and put me on the Manchester flight and didnt charge me anything :D sadly the train people still wanted £70 to get me to london but I made it! Euromanx FTW.

.......... ah good old Manx Airlines ........... was it 10 years ago ........ time flies ........... I slept in, missed my 7.15 am flight and they put me on the next one about 11am ...... no extra charge .......... hang on though it cost more than a return to London City does now ...........

Thats unusual, I missed my London flight a few months ago, they were very very nice and put me on the Manchester flight and didnt charge me anything :D sadly the train people still wanted £70 to get me to london but I made it! Euromanx FTW.

I think it's the Euromanx staff at Liverpool who are the problem. In fact all the staff at Liverpool Airport seem to be a miserable shower. The staff in security act like bouncers at chucking out time.

http://www.iom-airport.com/lib/docs/airpor...elease18107.pdf

No mention of the aircraft being tipped over tho.. hahahah :huh:

Am hearing a rumour that another aircraft was lifted up slightly on stand at the terminal with noone on board.

Edit: Confirmed now. The other Manx2 LET410 was lifted up by the wind from its right side at the terminal and its left wing hit the ground. It then stayed at that angle for around 20seconds before dropping back down.

Also the Manx2 metroliner was either lifted/shifted by the wind and its sustained nosewheel damage.

Not a good day for the Manx2 boys. Correct me if im wrong but thats their entire fleet done in.

Haha! Good old Manx rumours!

Story: MANX Airplane flew around the world because of a gust of wind, killled 349 people and landed in the Eiffel Tower

What actually happened: Pi$$ed pilot on board felt a slight judder.

:rolleyes:

Thats what the edit and confirmation was mate. No rumour in the end all fact.

Archived