Holiday Blues

copycat

They're only middlemen who have made a fortune out of people's ignorance and dodgy exchange rates. It's a natural evolution for many of them to close down. The only downside is that people may end up booking through some dodgy bedsit based internet operation, which when it all falls over won't get there money back.

I remember an occasion when I wanted to pre-book a rail journey from Liverpool to Bath via Bristol. The helpful travel agent, after tapping furiously on his computer keys for several minutes, finally unfolded a map and asked me to point out where the destination actually was - because it was such an unusual request.

I've sorted out my own arrangements ever since.

A good travel agent can add value though, if they are knowledgeable about resorts etc.

I'll be Laos and Cambodia next month, I'll be sure to pop into Mann Link Travel tomorrow and ask what their recommendations are. As I said before, if you like package holidays then go see them. If you actually want to see something real do it yourself.

I don't always use travel agents, but when I do, the Travel Center is my number 1 choice.

They're always very helpful with arranging connections, and always good with hotel bookings - even discounts on a number of hotels, so you can actually save money at times!

I wnt into Fredom TRavel anbd asked about holidays in Kerela - they asled hwere taht was - then I said near Goa - still no expression oif recogbition - then I said India and someone got up to get a brochure. I toiok th e brochure and left!

ps lots of perople keep telling me about Peel - wehere's that?

I wnt into Fredom TRavel anbd asked about holidays in Kerela - they asled hwere taht was - then I said near Goa - still no expression oif recogbition - then I said India and someone got up to get a brochure. I toiok th e brochure and left!

Are you wearing mittens?

I wish someone would buy you a one way ticket to somewhere with no internet access!

Online auction anyone?

In the meantime WTMIL. :)

Archived