The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

Watched 300 in the Imax Manchester and i am so glad i watched it there instead of some crap copy. Well worth the £7!

Fantastic film that makes Troy/Braveheat look like a pair of schoolgirls!

i watched 300 last night and thought it was terrible... although i'm obviously in the minority!

thought it was badly acted, the "comic-strip" style doesn't work nearly as well as it did in sin city, and after all the hype i didn't think it was that gory!

on the whole i thought it was 2 hours of half naked spear carrying blokes screaming their heads off.

Watched The Departed last night, thought is was good without being great. I was hoping for a modern day Goodfellas but unfortunately it didnt deliver on that score. The acting, especially Jack Nicholson was great, the story had enough to keep me interested but I just didnt think it went far enough for a film that lasts 2 1/2 hours.

Dont get me wrong it was very enjoyable and well worth a watch if you havent seen it but Goodfellas is by far the superior film.

I finally saw Shaun of the Dead for the first time the other night ---- don't know why it took me so long --- but fan-fookin-tastic! Looking forward to seeing Hot Fuzz.....

Hey, K.o.s Theory ---- I didn't think the Amazon DVD scheme covered the Island......have they finally included us?

Watched The Illusionist last night. Very good film with great performances by Edward Norton and Paul Giamatti. 9/10

What was your last film and was it any good?

Really you thought The Illusionist was good!!!! Great actors terrible performances. Were we really supposed to be surprised by the ending!

Thoughts?

I finally saw Shaun of the Dead for the first time the other night ---- don't know why it took me so long --- but fan-fookin-tastic! Looking forward to seeing Hot Fuzz.....

Hey, K.o.s Theory ---- I didn't think the Amazon DVD scheme covered the Island......have they finally included us?

Yep dames it looks lilke we're now covered by the rental, it's great ( much better than the lovefilm rental scheme ). I'm using it to catch up on all the old HK kung fu movies. Watched Project A ( jackie chan ) and Millionaires Express ( Sammo Hung ) last nite, 2 absolute crackers. Both full of amazing fight scenes and very funny physical comedy.

K.os Theory Posted Today, 09:13 AM

QUOTE(Dames Aflame @ Mar 27 2007, 02:39 PM)

Yep dames it looks lilke we're now covered by the rental, it's great ( much better than the lovefilm rental scheme ). I'm using it to catch up on all the old HK kung fu movies. Watched Project A ( jackie chan ) and Millionaires Express ( Sammo Hung ) last nite, 2 absolute crackers. Both full of amazing fight scenes and very funny physical comedy.

Woo hoo!!! Finally!