The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sick of these remakes. The amazing Spider-Man was another rehash. Come up with some new ideas instead of oh that was a good film but I'd have done it this way.

Lets see what Disney do with Star Wars. And if buzz light year is in it I won't be happy!

Oblivion is way better than Elysium. I like sci-fi but Elysium is crap.

Guess I won't be watching Elysium then as I thought Oblivion was very poor.

Watched Now You See Me last night. First 40 minutes was quite good but it just nosedived after that. I think all the decent script writers and directors are now working in TV... or maybe the art of writing a cohesive, believable and entertaining 90-120 minute movie has been lost... or maybe all the good 90-120 minute movies have all gone and we're destined for a steady stream of below average remakes and semi-original projects.

• 2 months later...

Gravity. Great story, great acting, great visuals, perfect length at about 90 mins, but terrible science.

ETA: The terrible science didn't stop me enjoying it a lot, but it would have been really, really great to see a movie of the same quality, but with sensible science also.

Edited by Bobbie Bobster

• 1 month later...

Having re-discovered my Lovefilm subscription, I watched The Look of Love tonight about Paul Raymond. Really enjoyed it and thought Steve Coogan played PR well.

PR was a charismatic and intriguing character, but not someone you would want to hitch your wagon to. If the film is to be believed it was, on the one hand a very productive and self fulfilling life, but, on the other, very destructive for those around him.

• 4 weeks later...