Yanks Complaining About Cowell

Amadeus

Cowell defends Idol 'mean' streak

American Idol judges and producers have hit back at criticism that the new series of the talent show is too mean.

Judge Simon Cowell told one hopeful he looked like "one of those creatures that live in the jungle with those massive eyes... Bush babies?"

Wow, they're offended by being called "bush baby" - big deal.. In comparison, here are a few of the comments from the German version, said like that on air by our Cowell-wannabe Dieter Bohlen:

You're the reason drugs were invented - so people can get through your performance

As long as we have people like you in Germany, it's no surprise the birth rate is going down

If I kick Heinz (fellow Judge) in the balls, I bet he sings better than you

I had a salad for lunch - it had more musical talent than you

You can sing cockroaches into a coma

The only thing you can do with your vocal chords is throw them into acid - that would solve the problem

Your performance was like intestinal obstruction - sh*t

Don't expect any respect from me for being able to swim - sh*t floats as well

What's the difference between you and a bucket full of sh*t? The bucket

Every bunny fart has more power

You're singing as if you had a toilet brush stuck up your a...

Bush baby - big deal :rolleyes:

Is that not the point of this program? I don't watch any "reality tv" coz i think its cr@p but the only time I have ever watched it is when they lay into some of the freaks on these things - it's funny! but as soon as they pick the "good" ones I lose interest.

I did catch some of the new series and I actually agree with the bleating. These talent shows have steadily gone into 'laugh at the retard' rather than celebrating talent, and the latest shows have been almost exclusively this. Theres people on there who are clearly mentally ill. We know because of the maths that the ones we see on the show are vetted and wittled down from the mass of applicants, so these people are given false hope from a first unseen audition, let through for entertainment value, the judges are probably pre-warned at how bad they are, put downs and quips memorised in advance and the whole things put out as a talent show.

I've no problem with the original proviso of destroying the dreams of self centred star wannabee's but laughing at those that have clearly got mental issues really isn't fair.

If it wasn't for the idiots who think they've got the "X" Factor and Simon Cowell being super critical of them, then in my opinion the show is not worth watching. The talent that has come out of it is mediocre to say the least, I mean, come on, Will Young? does anybody admit to liking him? and the rest? well I can't remember any of them except - was her name McManus, yeh, that fat bird!

The show has been on long enough that people know that if they are crap then they will be told straight to their face in no uncertain terms but as the saying goes everyone is entitled to their 15 (or less) minutes of fame, they all go into it with their eyes open.

Cowell defends Idol 'mean' streak

American Idol judges and producers have hit back at criticism that the new series of the talent show is too mean.

Judge Simon Cowell told one hopeful he looked like "one of those creatures that live in the jungle with those massive eyes... Bush babies?"

Wow, they're offended by being called "bush baby" - big deal.. In comparison, here are a few of the comments from the German version, said like that on air by our Cowell-wannabe Dieter Bohlen

It's not Dieter Bohlen who is the scary one, it's Nina Hagen :blink:

nina_hagen_007_303_404_Oliver_S___ProSieben.jpg

The winners of Popstars were a lot better than Leona Lewis, imo

Monrose - Shame

• 2 weeks later...

Archived