Ps3 Announced

the mo beats experience

Amazon stock:

HD-DVD 638

Blu-Ray 616

Hardly a huge difference either way eh?

But as I said before, who gives a flying fuck about movies, this is a games console. I'll be buggered if I'm buying films on either conning format, I've learned my lesson after video and DVD, hard copy media is for eejits.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amazon stock:

HD-DVD 638

Blu-Ray 616

Hardly a huge difference either way eh?

But as I said before, who gives a flying fuck about movies, this is a games console. I'll be buggered if I'm buying films on either conning format, I've learned my lesson after video and DVD, hard copy media is for eejits.

that is also a good point slim as downloading content is probably going to be the norm in the future when the uk sorts out its broadband speeds, but there will always be a market for actual disc content i think, even if i buy from itunes or whoever i burn it to disc straight away.

some online movie rentals i think are going to be offereing movie to burn options soon

Ah but on demand, anytime, even free digital music, just can't beat that collection of special editions with a bit of nice artwork in the label.

Some albums just deserve to be bought and savoured in your collection IMO.

Digitally downloaded/purchased/stored and burned when necessary music took that 'savouring the moment' feeling I got when I was younger when buying a new album. Since the avilability of easily copied and distributed music has become available over the past few years I have 'too much' music to listen to (the odd cdrom here or zip file there) and don't give it the care I once did.

As a storage medium though you're bob on.

To lend to a friend? To play in the DVD player? I can think up loads more things if you want.

Oh, for the occasions like that sure, I was talking in response to the 'burn everything' approach. I currently burn stuff to cd to play in the car, so I know there's occasions where it's appropriate.

Playing on a dvd player is always shite isn't it? Why are those mp3 interfaces on dvd players so utterly shit?

To lend to a friend? To play in the DVD player? I can think up loads more things if you want.

Oh, for the occasions like that sure, I was talking in response to the 'burn everything' approach. I currently burn stuff to cd to play in the car, so I know there's occasions where it's appropriate.

Playing on a dvd player is always shite isn't it? Why are those mp3 interfaces on dvd players so utterly shit?

on that front i guess its whatever deals the relative comapnies have to licence the mp3 codec and what restrictions are placed on them

Only logical explaination is microsoft paying them off to keep it off the shelves.

edit

after checking out the ps3 forumsit seems that game have fallen out with ubisoft over the price. Although there have also been reports of stock shortages??

surely not I mean how much is it retailing at???

Archived